Haybrook estate agents - who's dealt with them?

Whilst there's been some previous threads about this estate agency before on SF, these all seem to be over a few years old hence this post...

I'd like to ask SF members if they've recently had any dealings with Haybrook and how they've found the service.

Chatting to friends of mine about their experience of selling their house seems to be a real nightmare with a lot of money in fees being *potentially* paid for not much in the way of pro-activity on their behalf.

I know we're not in a good climate for selling houses and that estate agents can only sell property to interested buyers but to my mind, its the level of service the vendor receives that is the central issue here.

Coming from a Customer Service background myself, I've been listening to these stories with dismay!

If you've had a bad experience, please let me know. Would just like to know my friends aren't a one-off occurence...

Thanks

Albert

I've certainly had dealings with this bunch and think the clue is in their 'No sale, no fee' punt (Think 'Had an accident? Trip or fall?' Daytime TV scam merchants.)

I simply haven't got the time or space to detail the nightmare and cost this company have put me through (PM me if you want all the details) but I think the fact that they highlight the fact that their 'Commission-based salesmen' (i.e. liars) will be dealing with you says it all.

Avoid. Simply avoid (and Blundells).

used them last year there 'pro active' sales leaves a lot to be desired they need 'pro plus' to urge them into action we sacked them i might add moved to blundells and sold within weeks and the cost was the same as haybrooks .

Before you sign any contracts try David Hogg at IS Property, they do acompanied appointments at no extra charge to you, just a little extra that he does. I have recomended him to a few people now and everyone is very happy with their aproach.

His number is 07775842356 and email [email protected]

Edited by Mr Bit
Forgot contact details

used them last year there 'pro active' sales leaves a lot to be desired they need 'pro plus' to urge them into action we sacked them i might add moved to blundells and sold within weeks and the cost was the same as haybrooks .

Ditto.

We were stuck with them for 16 weeks (as in their contract) before we could sack the useless gits off. We didn't have one viewer in this time, not one! We had two 'appointments' for viewers that never turned up, suprisingly both these were after having a good old rant at them for not getting us any viewers!

Switched to Blundells as soon as possible, and they did a great job. Loads of veiwings and we sold to the 12th viewer.

My advice would be to avoid them like the plague.

Haybrooks are terrible. Most people seem to have bad experiences with them these days than good. I really dont know why people still use them. I have heard of IS property too though,the review I heard was not so good. They all as bad as each other "rip off"!!

With the advent of the internet, the game is up for these charlatans (Haybrooks and Blundells).

No more pulling in to the car park at the golf club and self-congratulatory back-slapping over who they've ripped off that day.

File under 'cowboy wheel-clampers'.

I'm in this dilemma now too - they have quoted me £4800 to sell my house (Blundells £3,200 ish).

Save & Move do it for £295 and Hatched for a similar price - both Internet based but still advertise on Rightmove, Globrix etc

I have done all my searching for my next property online so assume the vast majority do - hence not sure what else Haybrook/Blundells do for their extra £3 or 4k ???

I am putting my house up for sale soon. Had Haybrooks round to quote as they were the agents who sold it to us. They dropped the price after I haggled but I haven't committed and will give them a wide berth now.

I have dealt with Haybrook Hillsborough Branch, mainly with Nicola and cant speak highly enough of them. They have been all over me for viewings, feedback etc and havent had to be chased to let me view homes. Nicola also accomodated me frequently after her hours so I could view houses - no other agent did that for me. I may be looking to buy again as the vendor of the house I'm buying is AWOL and I will contact Haybrook as I have been 100% happy with them - and they are the only agent I have been happy with as a buyer

I am putting my house up for sale soon. Had Haybrooks round to quote as they were the agents who sold it to us. They dropped the price after I haggled but I haven't committed and will give them a wide berth now.

Yeah, that's the only bit they are good at! Thay talk the talk but sadly as we discovered, they don't walk the walk. They are appauling.

We wasted 16 weeks with them and would hate for you, or anyone else to do the same.

Smack Jack's is the only good review i've ever heard on them.

You end up waiting forever to hear anything from them. And if you are a buyer they ring you constantly trying to talk you into viewing houses.