The former West Bar Police Station

After 50 years of service West Bar will be closing its doors on friday and services transferred to Snig Hill.

i wonder how much they are making from the sale of the land?

I live on that road :(,

Will miss it!. Lets hope they get round to resurfacing that road behind it, its like land of the pothole back there lol :D.

There was a article in star a while back said they were looking to turn it into a hotel

There was a article in star a while back said they were looking to turn it into a hotel

Yep, its gonna be (yet another) hotel.

Excellent news, Sheffield doesn't have enough empty hotel rooms

Lmao, thought they'd finished using it ages ago. Oh well? Don't know what to say. :)

After 50 years of service West Bar will be closing its doors on friday and services transferred to Snig Hill.

I am sure that in the 60's/early 70's there was a police station on Snig Hill. Looks like it's going back to where it started!

The one on Snig Hill was called Castle Green, the current one which has served as Police HQ was built around 1974 I think. Castle Green was taken over by a firm of solicitors a few years ago.