PS3 Repair - YLOD & stuck disc

My partners PS3 has stopped working, apparently the Yellow Light Of Death?

Basically fails to switch on, and his brand new game is stuck inside it.

We found one place apparently on Chesterfield Road (Same number as one recommended on woodseats?) who may be able to fix this but no one has answered the phone all day.

Research online says something about some form of component needs a little soldering.

Anyone know of anywhere it could be taken to repair? Or anyone who can fix this themselves?

Edited by Elizabeth13

is it the old phat type are the new slim one? i could deffo get the disk out for you ive fixed mine today same error yrod but i couldnt gurantee it and to be honest i dont think id try on someon elses console case sumat when wrong

same as mine then i could get your disk out no props but i wouldnt attempt repair ive done mine but wouldnt risk it on someone elses

My OH says he can get the disc out himself, but that doesn't solve the PS3 problem.

Will he be better off buying a new one with more memory instead?

shops will charge u about 50/60 quid and it wont last forever to be honest he prop better buying new u can get the new slim model budget model 4 gig for about 130 now

ours had ylod death. we fixed it following a guide on you tube and bought the stuff we needed to do the repair on ebay. It takes a few hours because you have to leave things to cool down but its pretty easy

I have this exact same problem.

Can anyone recommend anyone to fix this as I went to repair and sell?

Basically fails to switch on, and his brand new game is stuck inside it.

We found one place apparently on Chesterfield Road (Same number as one recommended on woodseats?)

?

firstly the place at woodseat's is on chesterfield road. it's just past the light's (going in to town not from) some sort of pc shop i think.

and since you got advice to buy a new one may i suggest selling the 40gb for breaking. sell the blu ray drive seperate. i got a 40gb ps3 cechg03 model wit broken blu ray drive n it cost me £50-odd pound's just for the drive from ebay.

tell your OH to try the bake trick. its a risky quick fix but worth it since the console itself is not worth much, http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-fix-a-YLOD-PS3-with-an-oven/

i did my lads ps3,and it lasted a week,sold it for £20 as spares.........

to get the disc safely out. switch the ps3 off at the back with the power switch, then place your finger on the eject button, whilst keeping you finger on it, switch the ps3 back on with the switch at the back and as soon as it bleeps release your finger from eject button.

this should boot the fan to the max speed in order to keep the gpu n cpu cool enough to stay on and eject the disc automaticaly.

to get the disc safely out. switch the ps3 off at the back with the power switch, then place your finger on the eject button, whilst keeping you finger on it, switch the ps3 back on with the switch at the back and as soon as it bleeps release your finger from eject button.

this should boot the fan to the max speed in order to keep the gpu n cpu cool enough to stay on and eject the disc automaticaly.

Does this not make the disk shoot out? i have heard it does, and if you don't "catch" it it could hit a wall and shatter. also take off a finger or 2 lol