Endcliffe Park fitness session - Saturday mornings

We are going to be running some fitness sessions in the park over summer.

Towards the end of April, we will run the first one and the start time will be....9.30am

The session will last for about an hour, this means the session will be completed before the park gets busy. I'm aware that the park is popular with parents and their children, as well as dog walkers who bring their dogs along to poop in the park

The class will be a mix of sprints/shuttle running, stomach/abs workout and also circuit training. The aim will be to give you a varied and effective fitness workout, class atmosphere like the other sessions will be fun

Edited by Shef_Fitness

Also we will be looking at doing sessions in other parks during the summer months.

Tuesday and Wednesdays look to be the days for other park sessions as both the sessions ran on those days finish at 7.15pm. Sessions can commence at 8pm, if you have suggestions for good parks that can be used post on here, or pm me

This looks good, shame its not slightly later as I will probably not have finished the Endcliffe Park parkrun in time on a Saturday morning to join this.

Endcliffe Park will soon be packed on a saturday morning, 166 runners down there for the Parkrun yesterday.

Will there be a cost for the classes?

Oh bugger, I didn't realise this event was on every Saturday Morning.

I may run this session on a Tuesday or Wed evening Evening, perhaps start at 8pm.

Edited by Shef_Fitness

If it started around 9.45-10.00 on a Saturday you may get lots of people happy to do it straight after the Parkrun

The class I'm planning to run was quite intense, not sure if people who done the run would be up for the session I was planning to run

I might go ahead, I'm prob going to need to leaflet beforehand.

In your opinion which is the best time Wednesday at 8pm, or Saturday at 9.45am?

The class I'm planning to run was quite intense, not sure if people who done the run would be up for the session I was planning to run

Don't write it off - I've done Park Run and it's funny finishing at 9.30am - too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. Will be some up for a session after - round it off with a cup of tea in the cafe and you're sorted.

Personally I'd go for Saturday morning. Personally I really struggle to do evenings after work, failing hopelessly to get to running club at the moment. On the other hand Saturday mornings when the missus is still in bed are good for me

Don't write it off - I've done Park Run and it's funny finishing at 9.30am - too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. Will be some up for a session after - round it off with a cup of tea in the cafe and you're sorted.

The cup of coffee after the session?

Being a fan of caffene myself + the amount of coffee bars in the local area......running this session suddenly sounds quite appealing :D

Hi there,

Are you aware of any other ongoing events like this happening in Endcliffe Park? I have recently started a Yoga for Athletes class at the Hallamshire Tennis Club on Wednesday mornings 9:30 - 10:45a.m., but low attendance I think because of the time. I'd love to tag onto to such events to provide post run yoga sessions.

I've worked with USA FIT before I moved to the UK providing PostRun Yoga to people training for marathons and 1/2 Marathons. It's great for injury prevention, increasing VO2 max, and overall strength and flexibility. I'm not looking to step on anyone's toes who already have workouts scheduled like yours, but I'd love to offer workshops to running clubs, regular classes, or tag onto something you already have going.

Would love some feedback or input. CHEERS

Shauna@TheYogaRemedy.com