Have You Ever Had A Drink Spiked?

About 10 years ago I was working a part time job as a waitress. When we had finished service about 9.30 we would get ready and go out on the old Thursday Student night in Barnsley. We would normally go straight to the nightclub. I had a bottle of bud and went to the bar and got another this was about 10.30pm. About half way down it I felt terrible, the room was spinning round me. I went up to the toilets. I remember hearing my friends shouting me but I could not even make a noise to let them know where I was, some time later I got enough strength and co-ordination to stand up. Fell down the stairs of the club to find all the lights on and them cleaning up... I staggered out of the door and fell into a taxi, I could not talk, it was like my face was paralised. It was sheer luck that the taxi driver was my cousins friend and realised who I was and took me straight home, he went in and woke my dad up to get me in the house. This was at about 4.00 am. By this time I was fully aware of what was happening around me but I could not move my arms and legs properly or talk. Dad took me to hospital who were not bothered in the slightest, they said I'd had a few too many and needed to sleep it off and sent me home.

Id drunk one and a half bottles of Budweiser and lost 5.5 hours. Atthe time I was a student and a bottle and half of beer wasnt even scratching the surface on what I normally drunk.

I was disorientated and generally not myself for another day or so. I never left my drink alone so if it was spiked then it was done by the bar staff. A few weeks later I was told about someone else who had ended up in the same state. I complained to the club owner but they were not intrested.

It scares me to think what could have happened. I could hear people shouting me but could not move or shout and it was sheer luck that the taxi driver knew me or I would have been in some real trouble.

I think myself and a mate were spiked once.

We were in the North East watching football and we been out all afternoon and had a good few beers. We were drunk I would say, but not falling around etc. At the time this was how we spent every Saturday, so nothing out of the normal and we knew our limits.

We decided to go into a random pub and there was karaoke on. We both got up and basically took the ****. I don’t think it went down too well as these people were taking it seriously.

Then we both can’t remember anything until the next morning. I’m sure we were spiked.

Without wanting to cast aspersions on anyone who's posted here I'm of the firm belief that upwards of three quarters of people who claim to ahve had their drinks spiked are simply looking for a convenient excuse for the fact that they've drunk too much.

I don't deny for a moment that it can and does happen - but I believe it's much more rarely than some folk claim.

my daughter had something similar to this she went out with a few friends and only had 1 drink and suddenly began to feel unwell,she said she felt like she had had several drinks too many and felt as if everything was in slow motion and her legs felt like jelly.she quickly returned home with help from friends.she is adament her drink was spiked and always takes extra precautions now, like not leaving her drink unattended and keeping it with her.none of the friends she was with had anything to do with the spiking.

Yes, in the Museum in town. About five years ago and this was before it changed it's name (can't remember what the old one was) and when it was under different management. I am 99% certain that it was the bouncer who was a very strange short bald man who looked a bit like Nosferatu.

I was on my own to start with and hadn't drunk anything else that day. I ordered a glass of wine and left it unattended on the bar for a moment or two while I put my bags on the table.

Fortunately my husband and a colleague were meeting me and they arrived before the spiking kicked in. But I appeared really drunk and unable to walk or speak properly after one glass of wine and had no memory of even leaving the pub and getting home. I dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't been expecting to meet people.

Without wanting to cast aspersions on anyone who's posted here I'm of the firm belief that upwards of three quarters of people who claim to ahve had their drinks spiked are simply looking for a convenient excuse for the fact that they've drunk too much.

I don't deny for a moment that it can and does happen - but I believe it's much more rarely than some folk claim.

I know mine was spiked. You don't get into the state where you can't walk or speak and have your memory wiped from one glass of wine. I assume that in your wisdom you will just say that I must have been drinking earlier and refuse to believe me. You know, when I hear of cases where girls believe they have been spiked and assaulted they are sent away and told they were drunk and it was there fault - specifically the John Wourboys case where he was raping loads of people, it was being reported and they were told they were just drunk and sent away when in fact they were all drugged and raped. Attitudes like yours cause things like that, it makes me sick to be honest.

I know mine was spiked. You don't get into the state where you can't walk or speak and have your memory wiped from one glass of wine. I assume that in your wisdom you will just say that I must have been drinking earlier and refuse to believe me. You know, when I hear of cases where girls believe they have been spiked and assaulted they are sent away and told they were drunk and it was there fault - specifically the John Wourboys case where he was raping loads of people, it was being reported and they were told they were just drunk and sent away when in fact they were all drugged and raped. Attitudes like yours cause things like that, it makes me sick to be honest.

like what happened to my daughter she was in a right state after just 1 drink..she said she felt like she had been drugged..my daughter is at uni in crewe so shes used to drinking and getting legless as most uni kids do..the friends that were with her that night all thought how strange she was with just 1 drink.they had to literally carry her out of the taxi.

I've had a suspected spiking of a drink (Doc following day suggested it).

Been out on a night with some friends, being a little skint I drank less that night than I usually would however from around 11pm I can't remember anything and we were out till 2am apparently. Following day I could hardly move, I'd stayed at a friends place and they were even worried so they called the doc. Reason they were worried is that even after a really heavy night out, I was always the first one up and bounced back like I'd been drinking pop the previous evening.

Doc came and asked me a few questions, friends told him that I wasn't usually unwell after a night out, never mind bed-ridden so he said that he suspected I'd had a drink spiked. He had me transported to the hospital for a few blood tests to be on the safe side.

I honestly felt as though I was dying that day, though I still go out and have drank more than that night and my usual bounce back returns everytime.

To be fair, I do think on some level you're right, I do believe that some claims of spiked drinks (not in this thread btw) are false to avoid embarasment and the reprocussions of people's actions under the influence. Not sure that it's as high as 75% these days though.

Attitudes like yours cause things like that, it makes me sick to be honest.

I think that's an offensive and ludicrous thing to say.

''I don't deny for a moment that it can and does happen - but I believe it's much more rarely than some folk claim.''

Perhaps you could point out how me holding that belief actually encourages men who are hell bent on preying on women? Or you could perhaps admit you were ober the top and apologise.

Had a glass of wine spiked in a bar in Gibraltar. I suspect that one of the Flamenco dancers wanted to take me back to her place and have her way with me.

Dont remember anything until I was on the bumboat back to the ship and I was tossed into the shower by my two mates

Halibut, the only thing you're wrong about is the number. More like 95-99% of people who claim to have had their drinks spiked havent, certainly not with what they think anyway (GHB, Rohypnol or ketamine - Slaughter 2000)

Other studies have shown in the majority of cases, the blood level of alcohol was significantly higher than anticipated, based on the victim's self-assessment of consumption. A Welsh study in 2006 noted that "...65% of those tested had alcohol concentrations >160 mg%..." and concluded "Most patients allegedly having had a spiked drink test negative for drugs of misuse. The symptoms are more likely to be a result of excess alcohol"(Hughes EMJ)