Ives family, Coleford rd, Darnall

hi ives yes gotya huncle harold your dad and aunty lilly we used to visit your house when i was a little lad im william arthur but was always called arthur. When i was bus driving your dad would catch my bus and always used to jump off going round the corner going to work.

hi 3dogs im jolly glad to have found a relation do you still live in sheffield? i moved away nearly 26 years ago now in the north east how are pam and chris have been in touch with shirley and pat bevins.

pam

lovely to hear from you again .I live on lowedges in sheffield ,pam lives on richmond rd and chris lives at dore.Ide like to bet i was about 4 or 5 last time i saw you.Hows david ithink he was a bit younger than me wasnt he.

Arthur

hi 3dogs sorry to have to tell you david died 26th oct last year he was 9 years younger than me he had throat cancer

Hi ives sorry to hear about david .hope your well.we are ok been in derbyshire today with chris and her husband ,she sends her regards 3dogs

hi 3dogs are you in phone book would like to talk please do not put number on line will find you in book

ives

hi ives sorry im so long but we are not in the book im trying to find a way to let you know our no we are on talk talk finished off with .net ill keep trying will speak again 3dogs wb

hi ives try your pm keep your fingers crossed 3dogs

My grand parents the Fletchers lived at 88 coleford Road from the 20s to when it was demolished. I was borne there in 1959.

hi fletchup my grandparents lived at 98 coleford road up 1960 also one of the grandsons called tony ives lived there till grandma died. did you know a walter willis he lived a few doors down from my grandmother also a family called lee

Sorry, I really don't know any names as I was only 4 when we left to live on the Manor but still came back to visit my Gran. I do remember the Devoties ice cream family that had the yard at the corner house at the bottom on the left hand side. There was also a little sweet shop on the left hand side as you were going up directly across from our house. I also think one of the families in our yard was called Crowker?

My mother-in-law is Shirley Bevins who is the granddaughter of Edith and William Ives, her mother was Evelyn Ives who later married George Bevins.

I came across this thread as I am researching our family tree on Ancestry and then searched the name of William Ives on 'Google'.

3dogs I believe this means that Shirley will be your cousin, I would be really grateful if you could let me have an email copy of the photograph you mentioned in thread of the 14-03-2011 at 7.05am.

I shall be seeing Shirley tomorrow and will let her know of this contact, although not in the best of health she is always really keen to see the work I have been doing on the family tree.

When Evelyn married George Bevins on 11 November 1933 she was living at the family home which was 26 Coleford Road, Darnall, Sheffield.