'home' type kennel reccomendations needed for my rescue dog

Hi all,

Thank you for all your help, Bed & Biscuits was recommended and they have a place so Holly is provisionally booked in there pending a visit. It's home boarding and they seem really nice so hopefully Holly will be fine there. :D

http://www.bed-and-biscuits.co.uk

xx

Hi all,

Thank you for all your help, Bed & Biscuits was recommended and they have a place so Holly is provisionally booked in there pending a visit. It's home boarding and they seem really nice so hopefully Holly will be fine there. :D

http://www.bed-and-biscuits.co.uk

xx

http://www.bed-and-biscuits.co.uk/photogallery/files/page1-1012-full.html

ROFL :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Looks like Holly will be well looked after!!

Hi,

Just jumping on this thread rather than starting a new one.

I'm probably going to be in a similar situation to the poster.

I have a rescue JRT who may need boarding over the Christmas period.

I don't want him to go into "normal boarding kennel's" as he is such a nervous soul I don't think he would survive, bless him.

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience of either Mutlins or Bed and Biscuits?

I can't really emphasize how nervous our pooch is . . . . He's even scared if you rustle a carrier bag:(

I don't want to be spending our time away worrying about Herbie cowering and trembleing in a corner.

Any recommendations much appreciated

x

Hi,

Just jumping on this thread rather than starting a new one.

I'm probably going to be in a similar situation to the poster.

I have a rescue JRT who may need boarding over the Christmas period.

I don't want him to go into "normal boarding kennel's" as he is such a nervous soul I don't think he would survive, bless him.

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience of either Mutlins or Bed and Biscuits?

I can't really emphasize how nervous our pooch is . . . . He's even scared if you rustle a carrier bag:(

I don't want to be spending our time away worrying about Herbie cowering and trembleing in a corner.

Any recommendations much appreciated

x

I had this dilemma, as we too have a rescue dog and the thought of him going back into kennels was traumatising for me. Dont get me wrong Im forever grateful to Rain Rescue for him and they provide a wonderful environment for their tight budget, but I couldnt bare the though he may feel abandoned again :(. As it turned out we couldnt have our usual annual hols this year due to cash flow, and we took him with us on a short break in the UK.

I have no idea how I will feel next year when things back on track and we come to planning our holiday, I have a feeling we will be staying in the UK for a good few years so he can come with us lol. I though about somewhere like Mutlins, but I think he would pine so badly for my hubby lol, since hubby has been working regularly again, Flika has had to really adjust to him being out all day lol. He's part of our family and personally id feel like id left one of my kids at home. XX

Edited by shinyhappy68
spelling

Hi,

This is the first and hopefully only time that we will have this situation.

Sometimes we have to make difficult decision's and I'm just trying to find the best care for him whilst we are away.

I wouldn't want him to be in the house all day and night alone with the dog sitter coming over a couple of times a day as he does like company. I think out of all the option's this "home style boarding" will be the better option for him.

Even when we holiday in this Country we are unable to take him as he is so anxious, we have tried but he just find's it so stressful:(

I often wonder what his previous owner's must have done to him, after all a male JRT would generally be a bit of a warrior or at least think he is :wink:

I totally agree with you, they pull at our heart strings just as much as our children don't they:)

x

Hi,

This is the first and hopefully only time that we will have this situation.

Sometimes we have to make difficult decision's and I'm just trying to find the best care for him whilst we are away.

I wouldn't want him to be in the house all day and night alone with the dog sitter coming over a couple of times a day as he does like company. I think out of all the option's this "home style boarding" will be the better option for him.

Even when we holiday in this Country we are unable to take him as he is so anxious, we have tried but he just find's it so stressful:(

I often wonder what his previous owner's must have done to him, after all a male JRT would generally be a bit of a warrior or at least think he is :wink:

I totally agree with you, they pull at our heart strings just as much as our children don't they:)

x

Aww bless him, I bet underneath his anxiety hes a trojan lol, like you say JRT are warriors :). If it was a descision I had to make, I would go for a home style boarder deffinately, kennels no matter how fantanstic, would not be an option in our case because Flika was a rescue dog.

It might suit others and be their best or only option, im in no way critisising boarding kennels or any other kennels, just not for my boy lol. and the fact they pull at our heart strings as much as our kids, means we are responsible, caring dog owners, they are part of the family and should be treat accordingly :):love:

Good luck with finding the right place for him :)