'home' type kennel reccomendations needed for my rescue dog

Hi,

i'm going away in May and am currently stuck for a home for my dog. She always stay with my parents but they are sadly away at the same time as me. I've never put her in kennels as she's a rescue dog and I can't bear the guilt!!

A friend was having her but has changed her mind so i'm looking for somewhere for her to stay mainly on recommendation.

If I have to put her in kennels i'll have to but I'd want it to be somewhere quiet homely, if there is such a place?!

I'm sure a few of you will be along to give me some pointers/places that come recommended.

Thank you xx

Hi. I have heard great reports about Mutlins. It only takes a small number of dogs, and is very personal. They are based in Sheffield.

Hi. I have heard great reports about Mutlins. It only takes a small number of dogs, and is very personal. They are based in Sheffield.

Thank you, I have emailed them x

The dog house at Nether edge is supposed to be good. I am hoping to use her in July.

We used Mutlins for our 2 last year, they were great with them, would defo use again

If you are looking to get some of these home boarders in a peak period you need to phone them as quick as you can. Most of them are booked up a year in advance.

I can empathise with you about not putting a dog back in kennels, and the home boardings really are great - we just budget to get that into the price of the holiday, or work our holiday around taking the dogs (as many as we can ) away with us now.

I think there are a few franchises' out there now that do this sort of thing - or there is an Association of Home Boarders I think its called. search on the net. Just make sure they are insured and ask them if you can talk to another satisfied customer that has previously used them.

Its great you are thinking about your dog when you go away. So many people just drive up to any boarding kennels, dump the dog out into the reception area without ever every looking at the kennels, or listening to the stressed barking thats going on behind them in the kennels.

Thank you for your replies.

If I cannot get home boarding which are the best kennels to use? I've had a look at a few websites of the local ones and I could cry thinking about her in a 'kennel' maybe I'm just too soft!

Thankfully it will only be a one off as my family love having her it's just that sadly we are all away at the same time!

x

what type of dog is it

she is a cavalier but she is also deaf which adds to my worries! :(

Mutlins are full :0(

been recommended Dunston Lodge on Chesterfield. They have available and on the surface look lovely.

Anyone good good/bad reports about them? Think I'll visit tomorrow

x

Some services will visit at home, take them for a walk and feed them twice a day. Depends if you wanted to leave her at home alone???

try the dog house at nether edge S7 my sis left her springer there last summer for a week and was v pleased. the dogs get walked every day (they dont get walked at all at mutlins) and have the run of 3 floors with lots of cushy places to sleep ect. cheaper than a lot of home boarders too