Do you want to go for a coffee?

I don't mind people wanting to go for coffee. I just can't stand the pretentiousness of Starbucks etc

I don't mind people wanting to go for coffee. I just can't stand the pretentiousness of Starbucks etc

pretentiousness :hihi: you have to be joking, what’s pretentious about it.

Depends which coffee shop it is; if it's Bragazzis on Abbeydale Rd, Oyes at Woodseats or Remo at Broonhill then yes, I'd go. Megabucks or Costly coffee ... forget it!

I love the proper, authentic Italian coffee shop on Church street, "Gusto Italiano". I and my bezzie meet there for coffee as it's so lovely.

Their coffee is fabulous, and the atmosphere and service are second to none, they serve delicious home made soups and other meals, Lasagnae, Pizzae, sandwiches...

I would go there anytime, over Cafe Zero, costapacket, or Starcrud$

you dont like coffee then

I do like coffee, but only the one that doesnt take forever to make and costs a fortune

im sick of being asked this when seing people in town I know!!

no I dont want to sit in plastic starbucks with all the pretend snobs while we soon find out we have nothing to say sipping on a tall skinny roast bean latte mocha aka nestcafe but harder to make

would I want to go for 8 pints yes

would I want to go chase some stray dogs while dressed as elvis yes

do I want to go on a whisky themed night and make some prank phone calls yes

but I dont want to waste a hour drinking coffee oreyt!!!!

and how many coffee shops do we NEED?

calm down a bit Mystery Man.

There are bigger things to get bent out shape about.

I used to like British railways coffee. Took a second to make. I spoonful of Camp coffee in a cup of hot water then stir gently

pretentiousness :hihi: you have to be joking, what’s pretentious about it.

LOL - Starbucks is about as pretentious as Greggs

I love the proper, authentic Italian coffee shop on Church street, "Gusto Italiano". I and my bezzie meet there for coffee as it's so lovely.

Their coffee is fabulous, and the atmosphere and service are second to none, they serve delicious home made soups and other meals, Lasagnae, Pizzae, sandwiches...

I would go there anytime, over Cafe Zero, costapacket, or Starcrud$

We have something similar in Canada, it's called Tim Horton's, once you've tasted it you're hooked. :love: If we've had visitors over they love it too, maybe they add a secret ingredient to get us all hooked :suspect: only thing I know I can't start my day without one. :)

I can never make coffee at home as good as the ones in cafes, M&S is good enough for me or Costa (Starbucks is too creamy ergo fattening)

I read that one coffee a day is good for you, anyone else read that?

LOL - Starbucks is about as pretentious as Greggs

Tell me about it.

Edited by Grandad.Malky

We have something similar in Canada, it's called Tim Horton's, once you've tasted it you're hooked.

Canada = Quebec. The Rockies . Niagara falls and Timmy’s

Edited by Grandad.Malky

We have something similar in Canada, it's called Tim Horton's, once you've tasted it you're hooked. :love: If we've had visitors over they love it too, maybe they add a secret ingredient to get us all hooked :suspect: only thing I know I can't start my day without one. :)

Tim Horton God rest his soul. If he had only lived to see the success of his Pie shops.