Farm Shops in Sheffield

Wortley Farm Shop is very good as well, they even have some locally produced cider on sale from Holmfirth - which is bloody excellent.

Ill second this.

.....and i'll third it!!

Great location in the village next to the flower shop. Very reasonable prices for a farm shop. They sell Kegs of Bradfield beers too!

There are signs for one near Ulley reservoir (I know, not technically Sheffield) has anyone used that one?

It's called Lawns, it's expensive.

Parkside at Hoyland. Very good and a good price. Nice staff too.

Wasteney's a butcher's not a farm shop ???

Not talking about them, but while your on, if you want to subsidize his Bentley, or is it now a Aston or Ferrari then more fool you, just shows how much he's ripping you off. I used to buy cattle along side old man Clifford Wasteney at Barnsley cattle market, and what cheap rubbish he used to buy,

I make the short journey to Welbeck Farm Shop, as does a neighbour. Their leg of lamb is fabulous, as is their Stichelton cheese.

Click here

So what is a farm shop? Most of the farm shops that you go to sell items that they don't produce themselves. Yes Wasteneys is a butchers but it sells produce from local farms, much of the meat is produced on their own farm.

Knab fruit and veg on Montrose Road is great for local produce, especially meat.

don't use these forums but was so mad about this went to coppice house farm shop on sunday was very expensive and meat was not good took it back Monday the shop was shut tut :suspect:

don't use these forums but was so mad about this went to coppice house farm shop on sunday was very expensive and meat was not good took it back Monday the shop was shut tut :suspect:

What was up with the meat?

Surely the meat was all laid out in front you?

the meat what was very little looked ok but it was nasty to eat for the price I paid I expected better quality

Don't know how they make their money, never any body in every time I pass, I used to stand next to old man Clifford Wasteney at Barnsley cattle market on Mondays back in the 70s, totally arrogant and bought some right crap,