Farm Shops in Sheffield

In My opinion, it doesn't have to be a farm shop to guarantee top quality meat.

Yes but if you want really fresh eggs watch out as many farm shops including Chartworth sell eggs over a week old.

I think Chatsworth is a con. You could get the same stuff at Waitrose and cheaper.

We use Wasteneys on Norfolk Hill in Grenoside (0114 246 8228 )

They select, slaughter and butcher all their meat themselves on the premises.

Animals that have to travel short distances to small slaughterhouses suffer far less stress than in the industrialised meat processing business - and this comes through in the quality of the meat.

As for price, you very much get what you pay for.

I'd second Wasteney's as a great proper butcher, but I'd argue about the statement 'as for price, you very much get what you pay for'.

I bought Rib Eye steak at Wasteney's for £5.50/lb which is ~£12 a kilo. That's unbelievably cheap, especially for the quality and being dry aged for 30 days.

Contact Heeley City Farm they occasionally sell meat but you have to order it.

My favourite farm shop is the one in Dobbies at Barlborough......They sell the best pies I've ever had.

Regards

Doom

I'd also recommend the farm shop in Walkley "Beeches of Walkley" - they describe themselves as an 'innercity farm shop' and I've bought some tasty things from there before. If your looking for local produce but don't want to travel out to the Peaks, have a look and see if they have what you are after! http://goo.gl/maps/ctKRX

Try the old schoolrooms in Bradfield. I believe they have won awards and their products are locally sourced. Would definitely recommend them

Aston Springs Farm - Killamarsh. Free range eggs are really good and they sell that fast you know they are fresh and usually laid the same day as sold. They also do pork from their own rare breed Berkshire pigs which is not the cheapest but tastes very good

Wortley Farm Shop is very good as well, they even have some locally produced cider on sale from Holmfirth - which is bloody excellent.

In West Sheffield I'd recommend all of:

Coppice House Farm off Rivelin Valley Road

Schoolrooms in Lower Bradfield

Beeches in Walkley