Farm Shops in Sheffield

Which is the best farm shop, (or equal to), for me to use on a regular weekly basis, that offers a good price on good quality (home produced) meat that is (preferably) :)"Happy":D meat?

Border View Farm shop on the road between Bradway and Holmesfield. Good selection of meat raised on the farm. There is another one in Dronfield, but I don't know what theirs is like. Guess it depends on where you are and how far you are willing to travel.

Chatsworth have one ,don't know what prices are like

Guest sibon
Which is the best farm shop, (or equal to), for me to use on a regular weekly basis, that offers a good price on good quality (home produced) meat that is (preferably) :)"Happy":D meat?

That depends where you live. I'll be calling at Coppice House Farm on my way home tomorrow to buy my meat.

They are in the Rivelin Valley.

Chatsworth have one ,don't know what prices are like

Very expensive.

whirlow hall farm have one open most days look at there web page

Cannon Hall have a farm shop. Have bought stuff from there in the past which has always been excellent. About average prices for a farm shop (which is always a bit more expensive than your average supermarkets!).

manor farm near manor lane just opened up..

We use Wasteneys on Norfolk Hill in Grenoside (0114 246 8228 )

They select, slaughter and butcher all their meat themselves on the premises.

Animals that have to travel short distances to small slaughterhouses suffer far less stress than in the industrialised meat processing business - and this comes through in the quality of the meat.

As for price, you very much get what you pay for.

Coppice House Farm Shop is where I would recommend, much more reasonable prices than Chatsworth and nearer!

i agree border view farm shop is v good try there sirlion its superb melts in the mouth should be having spring lamb soon