Looking for Ronald Charlesworth

What was the name and occupation of John White CHARLESWORTH's father? What was Eliza's maiden name?

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

John's father is not listed on his birth certificate and Eliza as far as I can tell never got married - John was given Charlesworth which was Eliza's surname.

John is listed on the 1891 census as living with his grandparents and i've also found some school admission records and it seems that his Grandfather took care of all this instead of his mother.

Eliza seems to dissapear after Johns birth - she did register the birth but I have nothing after that.

Thanks

Laura

Hi mho1,

Just wondering if keith has also got an older sister called Janet born in 1948?

Thanks

Rachel

Only just found this site - hope i can still help! Your dad Cliff Charlesworth was my uncle, as was Ron his brother. My mum was Irene, your dad's sister and we lived at hackenthorpe. I remember Ron Jnr and his wife Elsie and 2 boys Ron and Gordon - they were lovely little lads the last time I saw them. I know Ron Snr lived at Wisewood, as did his daughter irene. Just lookig through some family photos the other night and my grandad and grandma (John and beattie)and Irene were on them.

Just realised my Uncle Cliff was your grandad, not your dad. I can still remember all your aunts and uncles names (my cousins) and the last one I saw was John who was a butcher in castle market. He must be well into his sixties now though.

Is Ronald junior married to an Elsie Charlesworth?

If you put his name into 192.com there is one on there 65+ but you have to pay a load of money out to find the rest. Another way of doing it though is to go on this site http://www.findmypast.co.uk/LRPersonStartSearchServlet You still have to pay money out but it's a lot less.

I research family trees for people so if you want any more information about the other family mentioned please ask.:)

my dad is called gordon clifford charlesworth, he had a brother ronald who was married to elsie, they had two sones called ronald and gordon. might be the same person, there father lived on prescott rd hillsborough, they also have a sister called irene who is still alive. there was another brother too called mick, but he past a few years ago.

hi there have you tried the Sheffield achieve centre on shorham street next door to radio Sheffield studio's, can can find most things there caouse they have more up to date computer records of births, marriages and deaths, the people who work there and those who are searching their family tree will help you if you get stuck, you have to become a member but its free you can go as many times as you want to. with their help i managed to go back to 1789, if you go take as much information as you have got, if you have any elderly relatives still alive ask them you wouldn't believe what they remember my mum and aunties who are in their 80s gave me so much help, like who married who name of any kids loads of stuff, please try there and post a messaage if you get any where good look its very satisfying

What area? I know Keith Charlesworth, born 1951 and had twin brothers Roger and Michael born 1953 or thereabouts, Ecclesfield

Hi denlin please can you get in touch with me as I have been looking for the twins roger and Michael for a while, do you know if there sister is Janet? Dad Edward and ruby is there mother regards Rachel

---------- Post added 29-03-2013 at 15:09 ----------

Hi denlin please can you get in touch with me as I have been looking for the twins roger and Michael for a while, do you know if there sister is Janet? Dad Edward and ruby is there mother regards Rachel

Hi denlin, thanks for getting back to me. I can't send you a message back it won't let me, I not very good with computers. Do you know if roger and Michael are still around? Or if anyone has any children that might go on Facebook? I have pictures from when I was 1 year old with Janet (the older sister) and her husband mick and there son Daniel (I think) but I don't know her married name. If you could help me find my relations in any way I would be very greatful

Regards

Rachel

Hi so your grandad was called Clifford and his brother is called Ronald which is my grandad, if u want anymore information leave me a message. My grandad sons are called Ronald and Gordon there was another brother called Michael and sister called Irene, your grandad lived at wordsworth ave.

Hi, is your dad Ronald or Gordon? (Young) Ron, as he was known, who must be about 80 now was my mums nephew and the last i heard of him he was living at Pitsmoor, although I understand he and Elsie don't live there any more. Ronald and Gordon were a little younger than me but we used to play together as kids when they visited us at Hackenthorpe and they were very good natured boys. I think Gordon joined the fire service.

Hi Helen and Jan,

I have just decided to come back to searching my family history and came across your replies.

Yes my grandad is Clifford Charlesworth and my mum is Marguerite Charlesworth she is the youngest of 8 children and they did live on Wordsworth Avenue. 2 of her brothers Tony and John both emigrated to Australia. Sadly John died in 2005 of Leukemia.

If you have any more information please get in touch.

Thanks

Laura

Hi, just wondering what happened to your mum's other siblings - Christine, Louis, Julia, Kathleen and Marie. I last saw them when my grandma and grandad (John and Beattie) died sometime in the 60's.

Helen, I would love to know also how Ron and Elsie and Ronald and Gordon are, if they are still alive. I think I read somewhere on here that Ron and Elsie live at Southey now.