The Old Orgreave Hall

Hi Tinsworth, Congratulations on a very interesting video of a lovely building sadly lost.  I hope you can follow up on more documentaries of lost history of this area. Fascinating but it leaves a melancholy ache of what has gone.  Thanks again and well done. 

Hi and a big - THANK YOU - Tinsworth

Excellent little video, keep up the good work.

It always seems strange that things like this could have disappeared so recently.

Apart from taking my motorcycle test at Handsworth I didn't know the area particularly well back then.

I can't remember the Hall at all which is surprising with the hours I spent at Malcolm Bishops. 

Hope you find something to do with the remaining stone.

Something on a similar vein although I can understand the need for better facility's for our children's educations. 

Did we really have to loose so many of those lovely stone build school's, School houses and Caretakers houses at the same time? 

Keep safe.

I  worked as an electrician at Orgreave Coke Ovens from 1967 to 1972 when we emigrated to Australia. Loved your videos of Orgreave Hall. I'm pretty sure it was Rotherwood Hall that housed the Social Club for the Orgreave Plant. I remember a billiard table, dart board and table tennis. We had pie and pea nights with pop music and dancing with the girls from the offices. I wrote a memoir which included my time at Orgreave although I renamed the plant 'Burnside'.  Details at [email protected]