A good all round moisturiser for the over 40's

I usually just use facial sun cream to be honest .. but am running out, so wondered if anyone could suggest a nice Daily Moisturiser that wont break the bank for someone who will be hitting 50 this year.

Come to our shop for excellent skincare product advice or look on our web site.

Hi

Trilogy products are good - the rosehip face oil is lovely and sinks in well but is best used at night. It is about £16 something, which won't break the bank and you only need a couple of drops. Plus, its organic too. (There is a day cream as well).

I've used this for a few months and it has got rid of dry areas and even some psoriasis

Hope you find something, this weather is wicked on the skin!

Cheers...

Hi Saffy

There is a new company that is launching in the UK that offer Premium products Ususally retailed in the Spa's, Salon's and Hotels Called So Skin. The products are Medical grade and great value for money only available from a consultant so if you are interested send me a pm. You could probably get one for free!

You can't go wrong with Boots Protect and Perfect, sold out when first released, has had good reviews by independent dermatologists too, x

I've recently started using Liz Earle products and oh my god they are so good. All organic, so you know you are not putting anything nasty on your skin. There is a website, but also the full range has recently gone on sale in John Lewis. The cleanse and polish is my new favourite must have!

I swear by Temple Spa especially the new skin truffle, absolutely divine.

I've recently started using Liz Earle products and oh my god they are so good. All organic, so you know you are not putting anything nasty on your skin. There is a website, but also the full range has recently gone on sale in John Lewis. The cleanse and polish is my new favourite must have!

We've heard great reports about Liz Earl but I'm surprised that you say that all products are organic. It is not possible to source some cosmetic ingredients organically. We try to source organic but at least as ethically as possible (e.g. Fair Trade).

Be warned that if you don't want use products containing Parabens (fungicide) they are contained in some Liz Earl products according to their web site. There are other chemicals that can cause irritation for sensitive skins.

If you are worried about what's in a product, always look at the ingredients - Liz Earl list the chemical ingredients at the end after the plants. Use Wikipedia information to decide whether you want to use them or not.

Hi

I like Trilogy too. In this weather I would recommend Ultrasun SPF30 for the face - for me this is enough of a moisturiser, but if skin bit dry then a drop or 2 of Trilogy under should do the trick. Good luck.

I love Liz Earle's skincare products too, but in my own efficiency drive I started using a much less expensive alternative. It sounds like an odd thing to suggest, but Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter contains only 4 ingredients (olive oil, hydrogenated olive oil, chamomile and vanilla) and although it's a bit heavy to put make up on top of it, it's a fabulous all round moisturiser for face and body, and it's normally only £2.54 for a 125ml pot. It's on offer at £1.69 at the moment though :)

I love Liz Earle's skincare products too, but in my own efficiency drive I started using a much less expensive alternative. It sounds like an odd thing to suggest, but Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter contains only 4 ingredients (olive oil, hydrogenated olive oil, chamomile and vanilla) and although it's a bit heavy to put make up on top of it, it's a fabulous all round moisturiser for face and body, and it's normally only £2.54 for a 125ml pot. It's on offer at £1.69 at the moment though :)

Ooo thanks for that tip, I'll get some next time I'm in Waitrose. I've just ran out of Bodyshop body butter, which I love.

Hi Saffy

I have recently got my mum who is 63, to change from her Olay face moisturiser, which she also puts on her hand and neck, to Organic Coconut Oil, this substance is a fantastic moisturiser. I use it myself and my skin is very soft and also in fantastic condition.

My mums skin tone has improved and her wrinkles have become less visible. She uses it daily as a face and body moisturiser. Because it is totally natural, paraben and chemical free, there are no reactions so no nasty red blotches. Her favourite thing is having a lovely relaxing bath and then moisturising her whole body in Organic Coconut Oil. Another good product to take for your skin are vitamin E supplements.

I buy our Organic Coconut Oil from Bobbyshealthyshop in Exeter, their web site is very easy to use.

One of our fellow users Abu Ahmad81 has written a very interesting article about Coconut Oil worth a read