M1 now open, delays possible - North & South bound

I know this is speculation but do you think the driver may have fallen asleep?

No - I think that he had a steering axle tyre blow out or

Some idiotic car driver changed lanes without indicating or

Some idiotic car driver cut in front of him and started braking or

Some idiotic car driver joined the motorway and assumed that he had a right of way.

I hate speculation.

Was it closed at 2am, I got on the M1 north bound at junction 34 and the motorway was totally empty, it’s a strange feeling being on the motorway on your own, even at that time in the morning there are usually plenty of HGV’s on the road.

I hope everyone involved makes a full recovery. According to the BBC news report the accident took place at 01:30 hrs this morning and the Lorry that cause it hit the central reservation. I know this is speculation but do you think the driver may have fallen asleep?

It's heavily rumoured, though this is based on hearsay and conjecture you understand that there were fatalities, this being true; though again i stress that it's no more than gossip, then the chances of a recovery are severely reduced....

Its those rubber necking immigrants, particularly Muslim immigrants that are causing the delays :rant:

It's heavily rumoured, though this is based on hearsay and conjecture you understand that there were fatalities....

On the other hand, the police report stated explicitly that there were not.

On the other hand, the police report stated explicitly that there were not.

i rest my case....

Police were called to the motorway at Sutton Scarsdale at about 0130 GMT.

Five people were taken to Chesterfield Royal Hospital, two with serious injuries, police said.

That was posted at 08.33, bbc local news

That was posted at 08.33, bbc local news

Thats strange because they closed the motorway at half 9 last night between jun 30 and 29a al i live just down road, lots of emegancy vehicles at the scene at this time, so unless there was a later accident?

Thats strange because they closed the motorway at half 9 last night between jun 30 and 29a al i live just down road, lots of emegancy vehicles at the scene at this time, so unless there was a later accident?

The accident in question happened at 01.30.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-12697237

Believe there was a fatal accident last evening / night involving a woman driver. Then there was the accident with the lorries / cars in the early hours of this morning as well.

When I came back from Leeds about 8pm the motorway signs said that J30 - 29 was closed