Childminder wanted or available MEGATHREAD

Bole Hill Nursery, Bole Hill Road at Walkley...my daughter v happy there from age 2 until school. V caring, good food, indoor soft play, garden with play area, playground with bikes etc.

Can't speak for the baby routine, but their approach would suggest that they'll be good.

Hi there my sister has a 1 year old daughter and she is looking for a childminder in the lowedges or woodseats area asap....she is starting a new job on 31st October so needs to find somebody suitable preferrably this week. If anyone has any recommendations we'd be very grateful :)

Hello!

I have recently returned to work full-time Monday-Friday 9-5pm and my son (aged 6 months) has been in nursery and I have some BIG concerns about the standard of care in his nursery. He seems generally unhappy and upset on his return and has started to come back with nappy and sweat rashes. He has been consistently ill on and off with a number of different things (which I kind of expect to some extent) and they just keep getting his feeding times wrong e.g. they fed him a 7oz bottle and a 3oz bottle of milk within an hour (not my directions at all and seemingly illogical!). He also never seems to be playing and although the baby room was advertised as where he would be spending the majority of his time, he is never in there but with older children in another room.

His development seems to have stilted since starting nursery and its heartbreaking to think that I can't trust his nursery to take good care of him whilst I am away. Furthermore, he always seems to be with a different member of staff, some of whom struggle to communicate with me in English. I have never met his keyworker.

So its a genuine plea for recommendations-does anybody know of a good nursery or a childminder in the S5 or S6 area? Id be willing to travel further if I knew he'd be well looked after. Looking to save money if possible so £700+ nurseries are out I'm afraid.

Big thank you in advance

BadRobot.

my best friend has been working at the corner house nursery for 8yrs and i can honestly say its a brilliant place for kids to be looked after i would recommend them :D

It's not a personal recommendation as i'm lucky enough to have family and friends to help with childcare, but my friend has had her son in Corner House nursery since he was 6 months old. She has been continually impressed with standards there and her son is happy and content.

Another one who recommends Corner House. My daughter has been there since 7 months and is now 33 months and she loves it, care provided is fab, and the staff are brilliant.

Who's your friend Laura, my daughter probably knows her/him?

Oh but just seen you dont want to pay £700+

To be honest, all the nurseries I looked at you wouldn't get anything under that price

When I paid for daughter fulltime 0800-1800 mon-fri it was about £730, but would rather pay that than save a few quid and have her in a rubbish nursery

omg aint they so expensive, feel sorry u have to pay all that

Dear all,

I was wondering if there are any registered childminders/nannies who are willing to work 12am til 4am one night a month??I have two children aged 6 and 3.

Who leaves their kids 12am till 4am ?

My friend is a doctor and a single parent. She has to work nights occasionally and has a childminder who sleeps over.

My friend is a doctor and a single parent. She has to work nights occasionally and has a childminder who sleeps over.

Thats more of a babysitter than a childminder.

Someone that has to work to provide for their families, regardless to the hours or what job it is...

And do childminders suddenly turn to babysitters after dark? I'm sure there's somebody out there that will do this. I also know a single parent Dr that has a childminder that let's the kids sleep at her house occasionally.

X

Edited by yan