Sheffield Anime Club

can i join? my favourite anime is kenichi and SAO and im trying to learn japanese

I watched it some time ago on Netflix, they didn't have the complete series so I'm only about 2/3 was through. Sounds like you had some fun that day haha!

I'm jealous haha :D

I haven't been able to get to any at all. Too poor to get a train...I'm going to go to as many as I can this year though. Need to take some pictures and speak with others. Plus I'm a sucker for the merchandise.

Birmingham MCM Expo is on the 16th and 17th of March. I'm likely going on the 16th only.

Manchester MCM Expo is the 20th July (again it being a day event i'm likely going to be at this one too.)

The expensive ones are London. Don't know if i can afford them (May and October)

@James113, Of course you can join! We have no formal numbers at the minute. But use this thread to discuss anything you like until we can put something together. SAO, you have great taste buddy! Are you currently learning Japanese yourself or do you have some form of tutor?

@alisonmanic, I'll have a look at those two and make plans for going. I've been wanting to go for a while and I see no better time than then. I'll keep my options open for a London event even if they are a little expensive. There aren't all that many in the UK so I might as well push the boat out.

Maybe if this group gets a little official we could have more people heading down to these events.

@James113, Of course you can join! We have no formal numbers at the minute. But use this thread to discuss anything you like until we can put something together. SAO, you have great taste buddy! Are you currently learning Japanese yourself or do you have some form of tutor?

QUOTE]

I go to evening classes at King Edwards and learn a bit from books.

I normally go with a couple of people. Though i'm sure i'll be either cosplaying as Vamdemon from Digimon or Ed Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

I would love to learn Japanese, too hard for me though.

I'll be going on my lonesome since I have no friends that would be interested haha

It isn't so hard to learn Japanese, I'm still in the process, have been for a long time, but I'm just lazy. There where some classes advertised early on in this thread. I had plans to attend, but my wallet said I couldn't. Try Rosetta stone if you can, it's good.

Dozo yoroshiku. Nice to see there's an interest in Anime/Manga on here. Been a fan myself for many years, even did Japanese for two years at Sheffield College then a year at King Edwards. That was a while ago though and sadly I've pretty much forgotten most of it. Watashi wa wakarimasen.

Used to watch quite a bit of Anime but find myself reading Manga more nowadays, although not as much as I'd like. Currently reading ongoing series such as One Piece and Berserk (Wishing Berserk was released on regular schedule) and have read completed series such as Love Hina and His & Her Circumstances.

Never had to courage to get to one of these expo's myself, as I've have to go on my own. Some pretty hardcore cosplayers there which scare me a little, though you have to be amazed at the effort some of them go to. Doesn't either of the universities run an Anime/Manga group? Have you asked at the Sheffield Space Centre, maybe they'd know if there were any existing groups?

Edited by Keen Mustard

i'd love to go to one, but i wouldnt fancy dressing up though

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 14:16 ----------

Which is everyones favourite op? Animes wouldnt be the same without em :)

@James my favourite op is either Clannad: After Story or Fairy Tail op 1

I'm keen to know what everyone is currently watching/reading new or old i'm currently watching Reborn!, Btoom!, SAO, Fairy Tail, Little Busters! the list goes on.

I'm keen to know what everyone is currently watching/reading new or old i'm currently watching Reborn!, Btoom!, SAO, Fairy Tail, Little Busters! the list goes on.

baki, jormungand, magi, shinsekai yori, fairy, sao. Ixion saga is very funny. Has anyone seen it? It doesnt seem as serious as other stuff.

I was planning on watching Ixion Saga and Jormungand but never got round to it they any good? I'm also watching Magi that is very funny.

I really cannot pick a fave OP. There are far too many good ones.

Snow Fairy - Fairy Tail OP1 was good.

But I have to go with Butterfly from Digimon Adventure as one of the best.