Sheffield Anime Club

I'm curious to see if anyone would like to start an anime and Manga club in the city.

I'm quite the Anime and Manga fan myself and would like to meet other fans from across the city, but so far I've only had the opportunity to meet a few and they were the more self proclaimed. I don't have a taste for any of the big three and would like to see more fans of cult series but I would be happy to meet with anyone.

I am aware that there is the Sheffied Hallam anime viewings on a Monday and Thursdays but I'm no student so I cant really find the time to head there twice during the a week.

I was thinking members would gather on weekends, maybe a few meets on weekdays every now and again too.

If anyone's interested then you can email or PM me and I'll get back to them.

Useful information:

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/124115567623728/

The below post with the link to Chocochip Languages no longer works.

Night classes at King Edwards - http://www.kes.sheffield.sch.uk/adult-evening-classes/ - Thanks to James113 for the link

Edited by Whyt Lindow
Added info

Did you get enough of a response to start anything up? I think some of my students might be interested!

Amelia

I haven't received any interest apart from yourself actually.

If any of your students are interested then I'd be happy to have a chat with them to arrange something.

Could you get them to check this post and contact me via email?

I'll PM my email address to you so they can get in touch.

I won't be able to PM since I don't have enough posts on the forum.

On another note, your classes have caught my interest, would would you be able to email me the details to make a booking at the foundry for april?

Edited by Whyt Lindow
Corrected post

I haven't received any interest apart from yourself actually.

If any of your students are interested then I'd be happy to have a chat with them to arrange something.

Could you get them to check this post and contact me via email?

I'll PM my email address to you so they can get in touch.

I won't be able to PM since I don't have enough posts on the forum.

On another note, your classes have caught my interest, would would you be able to email me the details to make a booking at the foundry for april?

I'm not a lover of a lot of anime but a bit of manga so unfortunately I wouldn't be interested as such but if you post on here a couple of times just putting a row of ...................................... in the area you will soon get enough posts to get enough to be able to pm

Good luck with your quest

Paul

I'm glad you're interested in my course, just email me at ameliacook.jp@gmail.com and I'll be happy to send you more details and book you a place. Also, give me some information on the kind of club you'd like to start or to participate in and I'll pass the information on to my students. : )

Paul, I have decided to expand the focus of the group from Anime to both Anime and Manga.

I'm not trying to reel you in here by the way, but I think it would be better to cover both areas since anime is never complete without its manga.

Maybe make the manga section more like a book club.

and Amelia, I have emailed you with the query and information.

Hi, im very much into anime and manga, my favorites being space battleship yamato and hellsing, i'd be interested in a club :)

Nice to hear from somebody after so long.

Do you happen to know anybody else who might be interested?

Oh and what area do you live in that could be useful snippet.

I'd be interested!

I'm pretty new to Sheffield, it be nice to meet up with ppl with similar interests

This is the most interest this subject has ever gained.

I live in Parsons Cross or S5 myself, easy access to to most areas of Sheffield from here.

One_Eyed_Ted, your very welcome to join us.

Oh and last thing, I'd still like to boost members for a club, 4-5 people will do for a starter size. Have either of you checked the forum? It's a bit quiet since half the members vanished but I'm trying to get it up to speed.

im asking my friends if they want to join

maybe the guys at the sheffield space center could be interested since they have the biggest amount of manga

Edited by Diabolique