With Pollards gone..

I never realised they were there, surely why did they not move sooner.

Guest sibon

I suppose I'd best do my bit for a local business.

Teaboxonline is based in Sharrowvale and can do your leaf tea for you. I'm just surprised that Kirsty didn't beat me to it:D

Surely they could re-open in a non derelict part of town.

What would be the point? Location was only a small part of the failure and its certainly nothing to do with the derelict part of town. After all John Lewis which has a massive footfall was just round the corner.

At the end of the day, they had a shop in a prime retail location i.e. meadowhall and it closed. They had a cafe/restaurant in the prime office/retail location i.e. next to cathedral and it closed.

The business simply did not keep up with the changing market and sadly did not make a profit. No-one but itself can be blamed for that.

Although I've driven past it, I've no idea what Pollards was actually like as I never went in.

I use Boaters at Meadowhall which is small but serviceable.

Their website is here.

I suspect, after having heard a little about Pollard's reputation, that you might struggle to find anything in the same vein as them, offering as much choice as they did, but at least this place sells fresh beans to keep your caffeine needs fulfilled.

The Tiramisu coffee is :love:

Boaters is no substitute- assuming that the OP doesn't want to travel to a collossal shopping mall to buy lemon drizzle cake flavoured coffee.

Why not try some of our tea? Lots of traditional flavours but also some new ones. You can buy online or from Snap Deli in Banner Cross.

I will miss Pollards, its a great loss. Was one of the places that inspired Tea Box in the first place.

And thanks Sibon! :) I didn't see your post I got too excited...

Also if anyone from Pollards can give me any advice for the future that would be amazing!

Kirsty

What would be the point? Location was only a small part of the failure and its certainly nothing to do with the derelict part of town. After all John Lewis which has a massive footfall was just round the corner.

At the end of the day, they had a shop in a prime retail location i.e. meadowhall and it closed. They had a cafe/restaurant in the prime office/retail location i.e. next to cathedral and it closed.

The business simply did not keep up with the changing market and sadly did not make a profit. No-one but itself can be blamed for that.

Don't know why their cafe next to cathedral closed, but they didn't want to close the meadowhall one. Meadowhall ended the lease.

I left Sheffield in 1972 and don't remember Pollards. Where was it please?