Who Are You To Your Dog?

Now i have to ask how far does this madness go ?

Who gives prezzies at birthdays and Christmas ?

Dare I ask birthday and Christmas cards anyone ?

Come on own up !

Oh yes we definitely do for all of ours!!!

I refer to Isaac and Billy as brothers- they're my young tom cats and they're collectively known as the monster brothers because where one is you can generally find the other hiding behind or underneath something ready to jump out.

The rest of my mob aren't usually referred to as siblings though. I'm only slightly potty, not full blown mad.

Yes i'm mummy to my cat and he also has a nana and grandpa (my parents) who he recognises under these names e.g if i say nana wants you stan he's been known to go to their house and sit outside the back door. He also has an evil stepfather too as he doesn't get on well with my OH.

Oh and yes he does get birthday and christmas presents and cards, i even get ones from him!! (via Nana)

Its that bad now my mum excitedly told me about 2 weeks ago Stans present had come and his birthday isn't even until 1st April.

We do all talk to him a lot also and he even gets tucked into bed at night, he likes to be wraped up in a blanket... even evil step father has started doing this now! :hihi:

So then, whats one pet to another? In our house the cat, budgie and lizard to the dog are "Potential food."

The cat sees the dog, budgie and lizard as "Scratching posts." The lizard sees them all as "Things to sleep on" and the budgie just hates everyone!

dog - tom cat = friends

tom cat - queen cat = thing I want to chase down and hump

dog - queen cat = thing that is one third my size that I am terrified of

Just spoke to the OH who is oblivious of this thread , he rung me to say that daddies little man has just been on the field for long walkies and playing with his pig pig ( squeaky pig toy ) hes now gone to bed bed for a beebies.

To look at OH you would think words like that could come out of his mouth , just shows the madness can affect all sorts even big men .

Just checked with the girls working with me def all mummies to their dogs and other pets are brother from another mother to each other !

I'll probably get flamed for this but I do think its a bit odd when people call themselves mummy and daddy for their dogs! For one thing is it not confusing for your children?

I speak in 'baby speak' to my dog.........and she's deaf!!!!! :rolleyes:

Kthebean not giving you any grief for thinking this its each to their own , but I am really amazed just how many people refer to their pets as they are family thought it was just a couple of us mad sods out there!

My kids are as mad as me as they refer to Bailey and Josh before him as their brother (23years old and 14) nice to know they will carry on the family tradition

I'll probably get flamed for this but I do think its a bit odd when people call themselves mummy and daddy for their dogs! For one thing is it not confusing for your children?

Well I call my kids animals so its not too bad here!

Kthebean not giving you any grief for thinking this its each to their own , but I am really amazed just how many people refer to their pets as they are family thought it was just a couple of us mad sods out there!

My kids are as mad as me as they refer to Bailey and Josh before him as their brother (23years old and 14) nice to know they will carry on the family tradition

Oh I see that pets are part of the family, of course they are, its just the mummy/daddy part that confuses me!