Who Are You To Your Dog?

Just found out I am Auntie Sue to Baileys bestest doggy friend so yes this maddness does rein supreme

Now i have to ask how far does this madness go ?

Who gives prezzies at birthdays and Christmas ?

Dare I ask birthday and Christmas cards anyone ?

Come on own up !

Jabberwocky

You always make me smile when i read your fantastic posts.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Its all down to a coffee overdose!

Now i have to ask how far does this madness go ?

Who gives prezzies at birthdays and Christmas ?

Dare I ask birthday and Christmas cards anyone ?

Come on own up !

My OH does.

She bought the dog a huge bone and some chewy things, the cat a mouse on a bit of string, (Which the dog ate) the budgie a new mirror and the lizard got a new bit of log to slob out on.

Me?

I got a plastic whistle out of a Christmas cracker, and THAT was broken.

I'm afraid we are mum and dad to our cats and dog!

When I get home my OH picks up the tom cat, cradling him like a baby and says 'hows my boy? How's my beautiful boy?!'. The cat loves it cause he's a bit weird!

The dog regularly gets looked after by 'granddad' too!

Jessica I hold long, one sided conversations with my dog when we're out together all the time and I sing to myself as well so people probably think I'm totally nuts!

Ha, glad it's not just me. I tend to keep the singing to at home, but I often serenade her with ''Hey...did you happen to see/The most beautiful dog in the world...''

What *really* amuses me, and I'm not proud of this, but you know how they get a funny look on their faces when they're doing a poo? Sort of a ''I know I'm doing a poo, in public, it's not ideal, maybe if I look up at the sky you won't notice?'' look.

Well, I like to call her on it. ''Cassie, are you doing a big stinky poo? Are you? Is it the most disgusting poo that a living creature ever produced? I think it probably is! Well done you!''

She hates it. I can tell.

" poor wickle boy " you need to put on the puppy dog eyes and sit lovingly at her feet !

Saying that the OH trys that every day and it doesnt really get him anywhere and usually results in me asking " well what do you want "? Not really the same reaction as my special man gets

As to me post re how far does the madness go I have to admit yes to all and probalbly more

I'm 'mum' to Molly, but my partner is 'Steve', as in 'don't give me that frisbee, take it to Steve' etc.

Steve's the pack enforcer, but I'm the pack leader and I outrank him in everything as far as Molly is concerned. If we're out together she only goes to him if I send her there, so it's important that she knows his name.

We don't really buy Christmas or birthday presents for the animals, but they do get a lot more presents than the humans around here anyway. They never want for anything, my brood.

some great posts on here. theyre really entertaining!!!

me an my oh also do the mummy and daddy palarva with our dog.

we send our biological sons xmas and bday pressies and cards to the dog and from the dog :):):):):) although they are NOT brother cards just simple and straight forward ones lol

The really disturbing thing with my OH is the way she treats the lizard.

Noddy, a 2 foot long bearded dragon gets treated like a baby, the OH takes him out of his vivarium, carries him around and talks to him.

She says stuff like "`As Noddy-woddy `ad `is wuvuy locusts, den? Wud Noddy-poos wike a wikkuw snuggle on my chesty-westy as I watch Telly welly, den?" as this reptile glares at her as if she`s totally mental.

THEN she says "He understands every word you say to him, you know!"

I wish I bloody did!

I have said this before but I really wish SF had a like button.

We keep baby talk to a minimum but (often by accident) I do refer to my OH as daddy, and I always refer to Luna and Gruffler as brother and sister.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

We have a dog, its about 5 months old now and my "Better Half" seems to be of the opinion that we`re its parents.

For instance, this morning, she was cuddling it and crooning over it and saying stuff like "Ooos a widduw sweetie den? I said OOOOOS A WIDDUW SWEETY?????!"

Then she said "Daddys going to take OO for a widduw walky in a minute!"

I`d like to assure you at this point that at NO time have I EVER made a dog pregnant, this dog is NOT my offspring and although theres been the occasional little... peccadillo? ... with a sheep or two, I have at no time EVER impregnated a dog!

My OH`s parents do the same thing, call each other "Mum and dad" to their dog.... which I suppose, means theyre our dogs grandparents.... Thats a road Id rather not explore because madness waits at the end of that one.

So, my little ear wax chewers.

Is this a habit of just my insane family? Are you your cats mother? Your goldfishes Grandma? Your budgies brother or your lizards... live in lover... or something...

i dont see our dogs as pets there our kids and get treated that way to. im a proud daddy to 3 lovely yorkies well 2 other one aint the cutest but thats another story :hihi:

i am mummy to my rabbits and my boyfriend is daddy!! :hihi: