Famous people doing mundane things

I once saw David Hirst buying some travellers cheques in Thomas Cook and the late Tony Capstick having an argument with a salesperson in Coles.

Has anyone seen any of our local celebrities doing ordinary stuff?

Used to see Keith Edwards buying his Sunday papers nearly every week many years ago...

Used to talk to Emlyn Hughes a bit when I worked in a bookies - in fact I used to see loads of footballers and ex footballers in there. Simon Tracey used to be a miserable git while Charlie Hartfield was pretty amusing.

I once saw Billi Piper

buying some writing paper - it were Basildon Bond mind!!!

Once saw the Queen planting a tree, Princess Anne riding a horse, and Prince Philip putting his foot in his mouth.

Oh, and Tony Blair dropping a bo77ock! So mundane in fact that I do it at least twice a day.

Plus, David Blunkett walking his dog.:)

I saw Dudley Sutton (Tinker from Lovejoy) buying a tin of beer from a trolley dolly on a train - and it was only 9.30 in the morning!

Years ago when Bill Oddie was in The Goodies my brother took me to see him signing autographs in a Barratt House one Sunday afternoon. I seem to recall he was a bit miserable and I had my photo taken leaning against his three seater tandem.

Me and my partner once followed the priest and the landlady from Ballykissangel around a museum in New York.

At the height of the Human League's fame I saw Phil in a tan leather mac travelling on the up escalator in Coles and Joanne and Suzanne walking round Tesco on Ecclesall Road in fur coats. The only reason I remember this is that, on both occasions, it was sweltering hot and everyone else was wearing t-****s

The list is endless... I could go on but you're all probably getting a bit bored!

Originally posted by Sandeh

everyone else was wearing t-****s

Just like to point out that should have read t-shirts!

Originally posted by Sandeh

Just like to point out that should have read t-shirts!

:P :P Don't you just love it when you have trouble with your Rs.

Once saw Matthew Kelly queueing for cinema tickets at the what was the old ABC in town ;)

Phil Oakey comes into my work to buy design books. Very nice man he is too.

I also saw Charles Kennedy at Leeds Station last week standing on the platform by the Scotland to London trains first class carriage talking on his mobile. He is very tall and stocky and much better looking in real life. His skin is quite scarred but after seeing him I don't believe he is an alky because his skin is remarkably clear and radiant (soz) and he had very blue sparkly eyes, not a hint of red eyes in sight.

And no I'm not a Lib Dem councillor before you ask!

I once sprayed Ken Clarke with a hosepipe by (sort of) accident too.

When I was a kid I saw Nigel Worhtington buying Jam in Sainsbury's one day and Roland Nillson buying cooking oil in Tesco the next.

My mum nearly fainted cos she fancied Roland Nillson (well, she still might I haven't asked).

Saw Chris Waddle in the Boardwalk watching The Jamm a couple of years ago.