10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I got paper collars from that shop .

Woolworth's sold them too, their own brand which name i forget, wasn't Embassy, that was the records,

41 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Woolworth's sold them too, their own brand which name i forget, wasn't Embassy, that was the records,

They were a nightmare to button on ,any ended up int bin .

Hi a mate off mine had some made at horns , made broad with long points . So l went and had some myself  then had second lot with round ends . You put me right George with shop on waingate . Another good shop for shirts with stiff collars was bray brothers across from peace gardens .make vantela shirts , 

On 01/02/2022 at 18:15, St Petre said:

I think Winfield was the brand name. Yes, the Embassy records were covers of the hits of the day put out on 45s. They were about 3/6d which was roughly two thirds of the cost of the real thing.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

I think Winfield was the brand name. Yes, the Embassy records were covers of the hits of the day put out on 45s. They were about 3/6d which was roughly two thirds of the cost of the real thing.

Yes Winfield that was Woolies brand name and not just paper collars.

We were smart George weren’t we . I was , proud to be living in period  I had some great times . Remember mick Dawson  nick name dusty he liked  his suits and good gear that went with them , I had some good shirts from cocanes  best spelling I could think of sorry .  On snig hill , 

32 minutes ago, Slinny said:

We were smart George weren’t we . I was , proud to be living in period  I had some great times . Remember mick Dawson  nick name dusty he liked  his suits and good gear that went with them , I had some good shirts from cocanes  best spelling I could think of sorry .  On snig hill , 

Cockaynes Slinny.

Bullocks to spelling   Slinney we can't all be Albert Inestine , LOL .

Dusty past away a few years ago , He was a good pal ,

I last saw him on Uperthorpe going into the pub as usual , He loved Dire Straights the group and used to dance in front of the stage all on his own whenever their music was played in the Smithywood club .

He was also writing a book but every time I asked how it was going he said . "writers cramp "

His Mrs Marina was the ex wife of Tony Kay  the footballer and she is or was a character as well .

I last saw dusty in masons langsette road . He wanted me to do session with him . Saw him in Spain Nerja working in bar . I remember Chinese in zing var took his barneys jacket told him to get our money or they would cut it up . We gave it him .  Good lad. 

Miss him .as I miss a lot of our mob now . Less and less of em around as each year passes.

Hi George tony Kay’s daughter married  Albert fields  our band played at wedding . She passed away around about a year ago . Her name was tony to.  Anyway back to mambo . As far as I know the only thing I know that really got it a bad name was guy who took girls to London , he got it in papers  and got some time  I used to see him in mambo .  Murf smoked a bit off weed  or had Purple Hearts . Nothing much else I can think off . I enjoyed every minute I spent in it I learned more in there than I did at school .

Never knew Tony's daughter had married Albert ,small World int it , People popping up all or place .