Hi George three brothers Albert George I arther the youngest you know sir name .I remember all the names you came up with 

Arther  George ,and Tom Maw , gentlemen from the Woodthorpe , Three of the nicest lads ever walked the Earth , Tom gave me the first lump of black pudding I ever tasted , he laughed his head of when I ate the lot skin and all , That was when we worked on the Hyde Park flats . Arther could pull the lasses , He made Cary Grant look like a non starter .

They did go in the Zodiac.

Edited by cuttsie

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Arther  George ,and Tom Maw , gentlemen from the Woodthorpe , Three of the nicest lads ever walked the Earth , Tom gave me the first lump of black pudding I ever tasted , he laughed his head of when I ate the lot skin and all , That was when we worked on the Hyde Park flats . Arther could pull the lasses , He made Cary Grant look like a non starter .

They did go in the Zodiac.

Last time I saw George Maw he was living just up from the Springwood.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Last time I saw George Maw he was living just up from the Springwood.

I have not seen them for years now P . 

Sorry George don.t forget much but forgot their sir name maw that’s it. First met Albert maw in cohop dance frechville I was with jimmy Bradshaw about 1959 . He was with chicko whitehead and Brian ellrick  all in teddy boy gear they were much older than us. Met arther with you in Adelphi . Only seen George never spoke to him . I worked on same job as billy Doyle . Went for drink 2or 3 times with mick in masons bottom of London road  we had a drink with Dennis west also off wood Thorpe  furnace bricklayer. Only ever seen tuts once in wood house .  Arther went in elm tree on Sundays to sing along time flys  good old days ..

Good singer Arther , Dennis West good furnace man , Tight joints even on out side work , tight is right he would say .

Tutsi !!!!!!! Tony Fargoni , Italian family , good dancer , used to go with him to Burley hotel when Dave Berry was on stage , Frank White on guitar . All hell used to break lose outside , mostly Manor , Beighton and Swallonest lads who followed Dave Berry around . One week it was the Leeds Arms at Wales Bar Kiveton the next the Birley hotel .

It was like West side story in Sheffield .

Edited by cuttsie

I went to swollwnest with you once or twice . We once went to Leeds arms I got blind drunk or barley wine holding wall up in toilet . Someone smashed window on bus on way home I fell of at manor top . One of the very few times I did not go to work day after. 

Strange int it .both of us rarely touch a drop now . 

On 07/12/2003 at 09:14, regblind said:

I used to go there in the 50s. Expresso coffee was on the menu.

Just top of the arcade almost next to the Elmambo was Barney Goodman the tailor. How i used to look in their window and wish i could afford those prices. I also remember i used to go to Colvins which was opposite the market now and buy a new collar to wear on Saturday nights.Those collar studs used to make dints in your neck but i thought they didnt half look smart. Anybody else remember these. Come on show your age.

The only place I remember Colvins was top of moor first road on left after peace gardens . It was Neville read tailors before that  Barney goodman was top off arcade elmambo cafe was bottom on other side part union street . I went in them both . Many many times. 

38 minutes ago, Slinny said:

The only place I remember Colvins was top of moor first road on left after peace gardens . It was Neville read tailors before that  Barney goodman was top off arcade elmambo cafe was bottom on other side part union street . I went in them both . Many many times. 

One Colvin's shop was on Waingate opposite the old Bull and Mouth pub, they sold men's clothing and accessories but I don't know if they actually tailored stuff there.

Edited by St Petre
add

3 minutes ago, St Petre said:

One Colvin's shop was on Waingate opposite the old Bull and Mouth pub, they sold men's clothing and accessories but I don't know if they actually tailored stuff there.

Where was shop court house lady’s bridge on other corner carpet shop across waingate just past river . Only other colvins I have just thought off was on Surrey street Taylor’s barbershop next door closed around 80s  another mens outfitters end off Surrey street closed 70s 

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

I got paper collars from that shop .