Anyone remember ingrams tea merchants

Well there's a name from the past, Ingram's Tea, my sister and myself used to deliver their tea in the Grimesthorpe area in the 60's. I think it was 64/65 that we stopped delivering, often wondered what happened to the company.

My great-grandfather founded Ingram’s tea. Someone above talks about their grandmother being the partner of his son. It’s fascinating as I live in Canada and the partner you are talking about was my grandfather. Someone else mentions having all sorts of Ingram family photos which fascinates me since my mum, Margaret Ingram’s passing.

On 10/07/2015 at 12:18, janmajor said:

Ingram's tea merchants - Bob Ingram was my grandfathers brother (Walter Ingram - who died when I was 6). I have loads of photographs of all the (Sheffield) Ingram family, dating back to before 1900. I have also an old letter from Bob Ingram to his mother, brother and sister dating back to September 1939, about the government wanting to take over his business property and having to make do with only 10 employees. I understand that they also had boats - can anyone tell me about this?

On 18/10/2012 at 08:51, Dinah Glover said:

Hello there. Interesting to see chat about Ingrams Tea, since my grandmother's partner late in life was the son of Ingrams Tea merchants, Bill Ingram. He has now long since passed away in the very early 1970's. His is an intersting story as he was cut off from the family.

That was my grandad. His daughter Margaret was my mum. Louise Forrest

Miriam Ingram, who was a daughter of Robert Ingram lived down the road from my 2x great-grandparents and my great-grandmother on Barnsley Road. She was a great friend of my great-grandmother and they were very close for years until Miriam's death in 1979. Miriam appears in a few family photos and when she died she left my great-grandparents a flat in Bridlington. Miriam used to have used teabags hanging up in the airing cupboard which she would then reuse to make more tea.

Ingrams Tea, when a youngster age 15 in 1961, I delivered Ingrams by bicycle to households in Norton. All in our tight social group, girls and boys, have at least two jobs. We work in garages and cafés, we work open air car hand-wash, farmlands, and girls work in day nurseries ... and one of the group has the neatest job of all— she worked Saturdays at the coolest coffee bar in town .. the Sidewalk, Chapel Walk.

1 hour ago, Richard1946 said:

Ingrams Tea, when a youngster age 15 in 1961, I delivered Ingrams by bicycle to households in Norton. All in our tight social group, girls and boys, have at least two jobs. We work in garages and cafés, we work open air car hand-wash, farmlands, and girls work in day nurseries ... and one of the group has the neatest job of all— she worked Saturdays at the coolest coffee bar in town .. the Sidewalk, Chapel Walk.

The hotist coffee bar was the El Mambo , The customers of the two were like chalk and cheese .

3 hours ago, Richard1946 said:

Here we go Richard.

Plantation House sounds rather grand. 

ingrams teas.jpg

Plantation House 259 Ecclesall Road

Might have been grand back in the day.

Plantation House 259 Ecclesall road.JPG

Keep safe 8).

I have just seen this post whilst searching online for Ingrams memorabilia.  My husband, Ian,  was Robert Ingram's grandson.  Louise, I met your Mum, Margaret, some years ago when she visited Scotland for a family reunion with cousins Pamela and Betty.  Pam and Ian both worked for Ingrams when they were younger.  I believe that Ian's brother Gordon had some family photographs.

On 18/10/2012 at 08:51, Dinah Glover said:

Hello there. Interesting to see chat about Ingrams Tea, since my grandmother's partner late in life was the son of Ingrams Tea merchants, Bill Ingram. He has now long since passed away in the very early 1970's. His is an intersting story as he was cut off from the family.

He was my grandad and I am trying to find out as much as I can about the Ingram family tree and Ingram’s Tea.  Was your grandmother called Margaret?

On 11/02/2024 at 13:16, sueramsay said:

I have just seen this post whilst searching online for Ingrams memorabilia.  My husband, Ian,  was Robert Ingram's grandson.  Louise, I met your Mum, Margaret, some years ago when she visited Scotland for a family reunion with cousins Pamela and Betty.  Pam and Ian both worked for Ingrams when they were younger.  I believe that Ian's brother Gordon had some family photographs.

I just saw this post and I remember my mum loved that trip!

Am looking for any memorabilia about the Ingram family tree or Ingrams Tea. Betty was such a lovely lady, she visited us in Canada a few times. 
Louise Forrest