Dirtbike groups in Sheffield

Any gents / ladyz into green-laning, dirtbiking, off roading biking?

There's plenty of places in and round sheffield to go, so just wondered wether there is an exisiting group or anyone wanna start one?

Pete

Yamaha TTR

just my opinion...... but by the time off-roaders finish - they are not green-lanes any more.

Loopy.

(Person who lives beside a nice 'green-lane' that is green no more due to the amount of bikers whizzing up and down it.)

now, now. Let's not turn this into a complaint thread.

Don't presuppose things. Being responsible adults we're not interested in off-roading in innapropriate areas.

I have decided to start a 'group' / club, or whatever, so if there's anyone interested, then please post up.

Cheers

P

sounds interesting, might need a spare set of rims though :(

The runs won't be crazy off-roading, rather, green laning, woodland, trails etc. Good fun rides

Well I have a CCM R30 with Motard 17" rims with road tyres.

If you think the bike could do your routes, I am in :)

Nice one mate - but yah, get some nobbly tyres first. Even on wet grass you'd be slipping all over the place. nobblies are cheap as chips and you can get intermediates which are great both on and off road. Syd Smiths is the best place in Sheffield - cheapests, knowledgable and friendly.

Their number : 0114 2442 736 I think

let me borrow your bike!

Ive always thought about getting an off road bike are yours both road legel? the insurance would be stupid on one though spose if you have a trailer its better

Anyone fancy someone stood on their seat.

Mine's road legal - which give the best of both worlds.... ride to your 'off-road destination' then get exploring. I might give SIMX a try soon, but only once I feel ready for it.

I use Syd Smiths even though when I had my rims polished, they put the front tyre on the wrong way around and lost my go faster dust caps :(

ha ha.. those dust caps sure make a difference.

They're good a supplying parts, but yeah, somimes they're a little off with fitments. A mate had a dodgey job done on his braided hoses. nothin too serious, but a silly mistake with the fitment of the master cylinder.

I've never had a problem with them and me TL1000 though.

Have you tried getting in touch with the TRF (Trail Riding Fellowship ) ?

The South Yorkshire branch used to meet at the pub down Neepsend (now Le Plas hydraulic hosing place) many moons ago, but it is a country wide organisation. You can get maps of green lanes and trails and it really makes a difference when you go out with people who know what they're doing/where they're going.

The last time I ventured out with one of these guys we covered over 70 miles barely going on the public highway and never doubling back on our route.

If only my shoulders were still attached, my back was in A1 condition, I had a dirtbike and I wasn't so nesh...