'Female only' Traditional Goju Ryu Karate class

Upinwath.... , stop assuming you know whats going on in this class... This class will have Kapap Academy head instructor and Britians only Senshido instructor involved in them. not to mention the OP's qualifications or her husbands , who is the chief instructor for traditional Goju Ryu in the UK...

edited post

Edited by Wroughton

I'm not arguing against that. I fully support women having such training and, in the even of a nasty, being able to drop a bloke.

It's not hard work to floor even the biggest guy if you know how but, to do that, the lass must lose her fear.

To do that, the vast majority will need experience of it in a training situation.

No men means they miss out on that training.

I don't need to see it. I've seen students in the past from all women classes. They were crap to a woman because they had no idea how to control the situation. That's because they'd never experienced man against woman attack.

That's what makes all women courses useless.

No matter how much the OP and others don't like it, it remains true.

Most women only need a goood knee to the ballsack to drop a big man?

Edited by toreador

I'm not suggesting full contact training but suggesting no training against the most likely attacker will be useless in the even of such an attack.

But the most likely attack a woman will face is not a punch to the face.

I repeat, what about the chemical stimulus or fear factor involved when they confront a man. Its simply not the same. That makes the training crap.

It's an important factor. I see no reason why a all female training group cannot create a 'fear enviroment' in the same way a group with men can.

I won't argue they may be good for sport, fitness or fun.

Yes- but, if run properly, they can be good for self-defense as well.

As I've previously mentioned, there's plenty of 'martial arts' classes that are-

a. mixed gender

b. claim to be good for self-defence, but, in reality, are hopeless.

I'm pretty sure that this all-woman session will be far better for self-defence, than many of those mixed-gender groups.