Fishing elsecar dam

has anyone fished elsecar dam recently and whats it fishing like,what sort of fish are you catching?

not fished wire mill in ages but hammered it last year its great between march and june before it gets to hot and becomes more like a stagnent puddle.

carp up to 20lb

tench up to 7lb

perch to 2.5 lb

roach bream etc

used to catch skimmers & roach at elsecar some years ago

not fished it for a long time, but I drive past it often on my journey to or from work, and it's very very rare I see anyone on!

that would suggest to me it's not exactly prolific

Elsecar is somewhere i have not fished for years. Had some really big pike out of there. I remember a few years ago, there was a dead on stuck on dam wall, easily in the 30s...

I walked around last years around this time of year (March/April) on nice sunny day.

On the far bank, in the shallows, all the Carp were spawning. There were hundreds of them, most in double figures. I was amazed. It was a day very similar to today, so get yourself down, you might be treated with the same spectacle...

can anyone tel me where elscar dam is i dont live very far away from there so i would not mind trying a day there

Across from Heritage Centre at back of Elsecar park...