Sanderson kayser ltd

HI YA does any1 remeber KEITH FROST OR WALTER FROST]

Did Keith Frost work in the saw dept, back in the 60's?

I was an apprentice fitter/turner there and seem to recall the name.

He worked on or near Makin Road, I believe.

hi yes he did - am his son karl - we actually lived and i was born at makin rd- me dad continued to work there untill early 90,s when company started to go under & HE WAS MADE REDUNDANT.

Ye sEddie Gee was my foreman when I started there as a slinger for the straighners and grinders, then i moved to the examiners and finished in the packers,with philip pywell and jack frost...good times.:hihi:

KEITH FROST MAYBE NOT JACK LOL - thats was my dad keith.

HI, Replying to this thread on behalf of my next door neighbour, Mr Fred Porteous who worked at sanderson kayser for 38 years before retiring in 1985.He was the storeman on newhall road and would dearly love to hear from any friends and workmates who remember him.

I remember Fred P very well. I am surprised he was still around in 2010. If you wanted say 12 screws Fred dipped his hand in the box and came out with exactly 12. I don't know how he did it without counting them. Once I was sent to the stores for "A long stand" with a description of what I was to get. After a time Fred said "You've stood long enough". Then I realised that I had been had by the electrician I was working with.

Happy days but poor wages at Sanderson Keyser.

KEITH FROST MAYBE NOT JACK LOL - thats was my dad keith.

Only knew him as Jack. Had bad eye's and wore thick dark green glasses.

had a caravan in Torksey...

Grandadowl. The name Fred Porteous was a real 'blast from the past'.

I remember him & the stores, which was between the main gate and the underground medical room. (which was run by a Miss Platts)

It's unlikely that Fred would remember me, as I only stayed 'til I was 21. I started in 1963, as an apprentice-fitter/turner, in the saw dept.

The foreman was George Smith & my charge-hand Sid Donson. Poor money maybe, but regular work for many local people and plenty of fond memories.

Give Fred my regards. Ed Boaler, (an old Darnall lad)

Grandadowl. The name Fred Porteous was a real 'blast from the past'.

I remember him & the stores, which was between the main gate and the underground medical room. (which was run by a Miss Platts)

It's unlikely that Fred would remember me, as I only stayed 'til I was 21. I started in 1963, as an apprentice-fitter/turner, in the saw dept.

The foreman was George Smith & my charge-hand Sid Donson. Poor money maybe, but regular work for many local people and plenty of fond memories.

Give Fred my regards. Ed Boaler, (an old Darnall lad)

I was electrical apprentice. Started in 1959 and left in 1965 aged 21. It was almost expected that you left at 21 to gain more experience. I cannot remember any names in Saw department. The one incident I do remember was the Polish guy who worked a miller in segmental saw who home studied got a management qualification. One day he was in overalls, the next day in a suit as a manager in hacksaw dept.

I worked for them and was Captain of their football Club in 1976 when they won the  league title, funny enough the man who taught me football Harry Yates also worked for them years earlier and was also Captain of the team!

My late father-in-law worked there in the 1960's unti l his retirment

Fred Turner, I think he was a swing grinder?

He lived on Beaumont Way, Manor Estate

Victor - Subang Jaya, Malaysia