Call Of Duty's reign may soon be over

<< Absolute fail of a post, i admit

Edited by Mmrraww
failure

The 1st COD I ever played was COD4, then like everyone else I got WAW, MW2 and now Black Ops.

Get yerself a copy of CoD2, a few beers, and have a good tipsy-sesh. Honestly one of the best games ive ever played

I love COD games, but after playing Bullet Storm for hours today, I've come to like that more!

BF is better online than COD though I think.

Get yerself a copy of CoD2, a few beers, and have a good tipsy-sesh. Honestly one of the best games ive ever played

Ok mate, I'll have a look round for that, probably pick it up quite cheap now. Thanks :)

BF is better online than COD though I think.

Yeah by a country mile.

I found it had a very steep learning curve at first, but once you get the hang of everything it's a blast - especially when playing with friends.

Edited by Unisol

Yea think bf3 will dominate multi player gaming for a long time to come.. or until the next big thing arrives lol

Yea think bf3 will dominate multi player gaming for a long time to come.. or until the next big thing arrives lol

It will have a lot to make up to take the top spot though.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/02/02/top-xbox-live-games-of-2010.aspx

And this is the last cpl of months of 2010 (4 cod titles ahead of the current BF)

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/17/live-activity-for-week-of-nov-dec-6.aspx

black ops was a flop cod has gone out the window cos of the server side for the pc people i loved cod but thay messed it up sorry the people who say cod is grate are scared of playin real games were teamwork counts to win lol

It will have a lot to make up to take the top spot though.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/02/02/top-xbox-live-games-of-2010.aspx

And this is the last cpl of months of 2010 (4 cod titles ahead of the current BF)

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/17/live-activity-for-week-of-nov-dec-6.aspx

Granted - CoD are more popular because they are much easier to pick up and play. A good BF player will still be reasonably good playing CoD, but a good CoD player would probably still struggle at BF at first.

I've played most of the CoD games but not for a while. Someone recently loaned me Waw which i've been playing at the weekend and although there are some enjoyable parts, it just feels horrible and awkward. You only seem to be able to move in one plane and get stuck on every blade of grass because the maps are so funneled and cramped in size. Going back to BC2, everything feels so 'right' and realistic.

People play CoD cos they think it's cool, all their schoolmates play it and basically sells because of the ridiculous hype and huge advertising campaign.

Here's a few things BF does better than Cod: -

- Huge maps

- Environmental destruction (a must for me)

- Many vehicles - not on rails either (another biggy)

- Realistic physics including bullet drop, recoil etc

- Superb character animation/graphics

- Incredible sound

- More mature fanbase

- Dedicated servers

- Much more varied gameplay

.... but has a steep learning curve at first - hence the lower player count. I know so many CoD players who tried BC2 and just gave up because they hadn't a clue what to do. A lot of them bought Blops and are bored with that now so are now getting back into BC2 and wished they'd stuck with it in the first place.

I'm not being a fanboy. Like I said i've played most of the CoD games and enjoyed them in the large part but frustrates me that BF games such as Bad Company 2 doesn't receive the credit it's worth.

Seen a BF3 clip on the net today showing some of the earthquake level when the ground cracks up and the skyscraper faults. Looks mindblowing!

Few peeps have heard about it (probably down to the big disparity in ownership of 360 and PS3), but CoD recently took quite a punch on the chin on the PS3, down to the PS3 hack/MW2 cheat debacle. Infinity Ward just shrugged and said "Sony's job to secure their hardware, not much we can do with the clients through 1 patch or 10".

Few peeps have heard about it (probably down to the big disparity in ownership of 360 and PS3), but CoD recently took quite a punch on the chin on the PS3, down to the PS3 hack/MW2 cheat debacle. Infinity Ward just shrugged and said "Sony's job to secure their hardware, not much we can do with the clients through 1 patch or 10".

Yeah heard lots about it.

We don't get such problems being on dedicated servers.

Not saying the servers are always perfect but don't get cheats/hacks or anything.

I'm not being a fanboy. Like I said i've played most of the CoD games and enjoyed them in the large part but frustrates me that BF games such as Bad Company 2 doesn't receive the credit it's worth.

Lol, I'm reminded of when people start a sentence with 'I'm not racist but'. You absolutely are being a fanboy, you've started about 6 threads about how much better you think Battlefield is than call of duty, across several years, and you've just written a long essay-like post trying to convince people that Battlefield is better and that it takes more skill. You are the very definition of a fanboy, it would be hard for you to fit the trope any better. You insult call of duty players and say that they aren't good enough to play battlefield, then boast about how you think battlefield players will do fine on cod. FYI I switched from cod to BF and I've been kicking ass since day 1, it is not any more difficult, just different. If those things don't make you a fanboy then I don't know what does.

Why do you care how much credit the game gets? Does that change how much fun you have playing it at all?