Archer road, Sainsburys warning

Good value at £5 too!

:shocked: £5 :shocked:

I pay my son and his friend £1 each to do mine - entertains them for a bit, they do a not bad job and they're proud to have earn't some spends - everybosy's happy!

My advice to folk with mucky cars - find out if any small boys on your road want to earn a quid or two!

:shocked: £5 :shocked:

I pay my son and his friend £1 each to do mine - entertains them for a bit, they do a not bad job and they're proud to have earn't some spends - everybosy's happy!

My advice to folk with mucky cars - find out if any small boys on your road want to earn a quid or two!

:oonly a quid each!

how tight are you?!:rolleyes:

No indeed, it's your curiosity that intrigues me. It just seems a bit odd that seeing someone foreign, your reaction is "hmmm, I wonder... are they a refugee, asylum seeker or an illegal immigrant?"

It may seem odd to you. Others might regard it as an example of natural human curiosity about other human beings.

im getting very fed up going there, every time i do i get accosted by car washers, and it started off as 1 or 2 in the car park, now they circle like birds of prey and there are about 10 of them :rant::rant:

Thank you for pointing this out, I was totally unaware that such things occurred on Sainsbury's car park. I for one will be making a special trip this weekend to use what, at 5 quid, amounts to a damn good service because I hate having to wash my car.

Alluding to Lord C's observation about their possible immigration status in the UK, perhaps the OP would prefer that they just sit round on their backsides claiming state handouts or take up robbery or burglary, instead of showing a bit of enterprise and offering a service to the public?

I go there two or three times per week and the words "No thank you" work a treat. The person who suggested boycotting and going to Tesco instead obviously hasn't done so themselves, otherwise they would no that Tesco do exactly the same.

No they don't. Tesco car washers don't converge on you while you are parking. I've always had to go up to them to wash my car. Unlike sainsburys.

Hello Everyone

I used to shop at Sainsburys and did so for over 10 years, but last year I switched to Tescos because I could no longer cope with the poor service that was just going from bad to worse. The checkout queues got longer, no-one knew where everything was and the last straw was when they ran out of milk and couldn't be bothered to fetch some out of the store because they had to go to a team meeting.

We have called in once or twice since then for just one or two items, but things haven't changed. I'm disabled and tend to stay in the car while my husband goes into the store for whatever we need. On the last two occasions I have been approached by these car-washers and because I have been sat in the car for a while I have been approached more than once on each occasion, and the last time I ended up with three of them all stood around the car. I felt intimidated by them and was glad to see my husband approaching.

In contrast, Tescos staff are always polite, helpful and the checkouts are never clogged half-way down a shopping aisle, even in peak periods. The car wash there is run professionally and you have to ask them to wash your car.

The service at Sainsburys continues to get worse, and its no good complaining - believe me, I've tried.

No they don't. Tesco car washers don't converge on you while you are parking. I've always had to go up to them to wash my car. Unlike sainsburys.

And this I think is the crux of it. If I want my car washed I'm perfectly capable of approaching them, I really don't need them following me around. I'm baffled by these people who say they're regular customers but have never been approached, since the car wash service started I don't think I've been there without being approached, sometimes more than once. There'll be one waiting for me to get out of the car and a second will intercept me on my way into the store. Sainsburys is rapidly losing my custom, Archer Road has been my store of choice since it opened but a few things have happened there lately to hack me off and the "dodge the car wash" game has put the cherry on top. I've been mainly shopping at Waitrose in recent weeks.

Why the warning some people may like having their car washed whilst they shop :confused: You only have to say 'No thanks' like I did the other day when I was nipping in and out and the bloke was very polite :)

I think the problem my be that these people are a shade too brown for the comfort of sheffield forummers. :|

And this I think is the crux of it. If I want my car washed I'm perfectly capable of approaching them, I really don't need them following me around. I'm baffled by these people who say they're regular customers but have never been approached, since the car wash service started I don't think I've been there without being approached, sometimes more than once. There'll be one waiting for me to get out of the car and a second will intercept me on my way into the store. Sainsburys is rapidly losing my custom, Archer Road has been my store of choice since it opened but a few things have happened there lately to hack me off and the "dodge the car wash" game has put the cherry on top. I've been mainly shopping at Waitrose in recent weeks.

I would say that this is the crux of it: you only have to say "no thank you". I have also been approached, occasionally more than once, and generally they will happily go and look for somebody else who might want their car washing.

What baffles me, is that from some of the descriptions on here, it sounds like you only have to park your car in Sainsbury's to have two or three car-washers surround your car, and hang around for the duration of your stay, meanwhile another few will hassle you as you are walking to the shop - and I'm expecting someone to suggest soon that they were followed round the aisles by somebody touting them for a car wash.

Now, apparently the Sainsbury's car park has 575 spaces. The quietest I've seen it is maybe 25% full, but often it's rammed with cars. Just how many of these car washers are there?! Thousands by the sounds of it.

I shop here regularly and have never even seen them let alone been approached by them, do they only work on certain days? If so then I can make sure to shop on one of these days as I think this is a great idea. I was upset when the car wash on Queens road closed down as it was convenient for me and they always did a good job. I now only get the car washed every now and again... which makes for a very dirty car! :o

im getting very fed up going there, every time i do i get accosted by car washers, and it started off as 1 or 2 in the car park, now they circle like birds of prey and there are about 10 of them :rant::rant:

Is your car always dirty?

To be honest I would welcome the service.

I have applied to put hand car washes on numerous supermarket sites but it appears the contracts are nearly always owned by a Manchester company that fail to utilise them

Edited by leelax