HTC Desire HD vs Iphone 4

Desire every time.....you can buy extra batteries

and you can put more memory in it.

and you can put more memory in it.

Yes most android handsets have expandable mem.

Iphones are either 8 16 or 32.

definately not an iphone now, thank you all

yeah the desire hd is a chunky one ;)

any other recommendations for a decent smart phone.

just looked at the nexus s emartin not liking it design but then again may have to have a look, thanks

the original htc desire is almost exactly the same as the hd, just smaller & it's a very good phone.

the original htc desire is almost exactly the same as the hd, just smaller & it's a very good phone.

thats looking like the one. :)

cheers

Im contemplating a Dell Streak on my upgrade!

Swarfendor, hate to break it to you, but almost every phone & piece of electronics is manufactured in China & Taiwan. If we didn't buy them, they'd be in even worse jobs.

the original desire is better than the hd, the hd is just big & clumsy. it's the same resolution screen, just bigger, only real difference is that bigger screen.

Not strictly true. The Desire HD has 768MB RAM, Desire 576MB and the HD has faster 3G internet. It also is wifi 'n' capable but it also ships with a lower capacity battery :loopy:

I recently got a decent deal on the Desire HD with Voda and have been really happy with it. The battery life is a real pain in the a**e though, but after downloading a power management app and tweaking a few settings, I've managed to improve it.

Not strictly true. The Desire HD has 768MB RAM, Desire 576MB and the HD has faster 3G internet. It also is wifi 'n' capable but it also ships with a lower capacity battery :loopy:

I recently got a decent deal on the Desire HD with Voda and have been really happy with it. The battery life is a real pain in the a**e though, but after downloading a power management app and tweaking a few settings, I've managed to improve it.

True standard outa the box the desire hd wins hands down.

That is until you root it. Then the balance shifts im affraid. As the desire has been available well before the hd there has been far more progression on android development than the hd. Dont get me wrong im not slating the hd at all it is a cracking handset.

If rooting aint your thing then yes your right but if like me getting the best out of the handset the desire wins for me.

Also another cheaper alternative to the desire hd. Htc hd2.

Far more powerful when played with