Do humans occupy the building known as city lofts

Does anybody know how many have actually been sold?

Someone I worked with was after one but all the "cheap" ones had been sold.

it will end-up just full of rich students renting

Edited by Bulgarian

Well over a quarter of a million for a flat smaller than council tower block flats. Why did they build such small dwellings?

To rent out, the one bedroom apartment I'm renting now would cost me at least $700,000 to buy, I could never afford that, but I can afford to rent it and use all the facilites that come with it.

I think renting will make a big comback in the next few years.

Well over a quarter of a million for a flat smaller than council tower block flats. Why did they build such small dwellings?

I suppose the situation won't look as bad as it does now when parkhill is finished.

They were build so "small" becuase the land was prime estate in the middle of the city- it was very costly compared to other locations in the city. Same reason why they are so "expensive".

If you think they are small you should have seen what I was renting in manchester for nearly £800 a month. I could nearly touch one wall to the other!

Looking at the link in an earlier post it seems that, up to January, only 17 have been 'completed', and then:

"Some people have been offered no deals whatsoever. All they are told is that they must complete at the original price. I have, myself, been offered three separate (and different) deals - none of which I considered fair, and I'm very much aware that other purchasers have completed well below their contracted price. Right now, they have taken all previous deals off the table and reckon that they'll be serving notice on me and others at contracted price."

Tough times ahead...

i use to clean capets there

nightmare i tell you haha

I don't think high rise city living has caught on like in other cities. And the current financial situation has made things worse.

If it's a new building how come it's a nightmare?

I think renting will make a big comback in the next few years.

I think you will find due to house prices and mortgage availability renting is at one of the highest levels its ever been.

I don't think high rise city living has caught on like in other cities. And the current financial situation has made things worse.

We think "high rise" means that you live at the top of a hill.

When I look towards the city centre I see what appears to be a black hole. Light does not exist there. It's like some big shadow.

I was under the impression that City lofts was a residential building.

Do people actually live in it?

Perhaps its so expensive they cannot afford electric, or maybe they all wear night vision goggles?

I was looking at it the other day from the top of Howard Street and quite a few windows were open so I presumed people were living there and getting some fresh (by Arundel Gate standards) air in the place. It'll probably be full of Hallam students soon just as West One is filling up with Sheffield students as falling prices attract buy-to-let investors. Warning to investors - don't rent to British students or you'll need the carpet cleaner overleaf.

A lot of those that have sold have sold to American investors apparently :huh:

SCC are also supposed to be in discussions about taking some on for their social housing stock.

Those French snobs ought to clean themselves.