Charity Flea Market - University of Sheffield

Hi Folks,

Pen down in your diaries, Wednesday - 2nd March 2011, there is a flea market being organised in University of Sheffield - Octagon Centre.

The motto is to raise funds for Sheffield RAG Charity to help the Cancer Hospital and Children Hospital.

Your support would mean a lot :)

Come and join us, let's together be a part of a noble cause.

That sounds awesome, I'll be there! It's great to have an excuse to shop for a good cause!

Cymraes a flea market is a market where second-hand stuff is sold.

Thanks Sarah!

Hoping to see you there :)

What time is it running from and to and is there an on the door charge?

Thanks

oops! sorry I forgot to mention the timings...

Venue is the Octagon Centre near Students Union and timings are from 11am to 3pm.

No charge to enter.. everybody is welcome.

That's on Wednesday, 2nd of March 2011

Thanks.

Edited by preetig
adding more info

Have you got a licence for this event? You may need to contact the Markets Dept. of the Council to see what you have to do.

Just been over to have a look and I can't find any sign of this event at all - in the Octagon there were just loads of schoolkids being organised into teams. No notices about it or anything. So if you're about to make a purpose journey...

Ohh! They changed the venue to activity centre dear...

we had an awesome response .. u should have asked some one there. Lot of representatives were on the move outside the students union.

Ohh! They changed the venue to activity centre dear...

we had an awesome response .. u should have asked some one there. Lot of representatives were on the move outside the students union.

And did you get your licence from the Markets Dept.? I am sure you would have needed 1 for this event. But you seem to have ignored that point, but picked up on the other point that the event was not where it should have been. Maybe it should not have been there at all - maybe this was an "illegal sale"! Would love to hear your response.

And did you get your licence from the Markets Dept.? I am sure you would have needed 1 for this event. But you seem to have ignored that point, but picked up on the other point that the event was not where it should have been. Maybe it should not have been there at all - maybe this was an "illegal sale"! Would love to hear your response.

Are you chief of the fleamarket police?

@Bianco.... The event was a part of a competition called the 'Intern 2011' and the proceeds raised through this flea market have gone into Sheffield RAG's Kitty. If you any further questions.. you might wanna contact the University of Sheffield Enterprise department.

Thank you.