VUE Sheffield= unfair

I booked a family ticket for today, my little girl has been being sick for the past 24 hours so I called to rearrange or get refunded!! simple you might think? ohhh nooo!

I was told there were no refunds, and they could rearrange but it had to be before thursday? (my hubby is working all week)

So we have paid for a service we arent gonna use!

I think this is unfair...

It business am afraid - if they have sold you the seats they expect you to use them as they may not be able to resell them. One of the pains of prebooking..

same with theatre tickets/ concerts/ advancr train tickets - if you have the ticket someone else can't buy it.

hope your little one is better soon.

why dont u try to sell them, you could at least get a bit of money back on them

or can just a couple of you go ? then at least not all the ticket will be wasted.

No its not fair at all in a business where children are concerned you would expect these little problems like illness so id expect some policy to protect your money if it should happen! id write an email to head office complaints or like someone else said put them in the for sale section QUICKLY!!

its for 11:50 today and i had to pick them up from there with the card i paid with so no chance of selling them,

My husband and oldest daughter may go but it was supposed to be for the little ones birthday, so wont be the same :(

its for 11:50 today and i had to pick them up from there with the card i paid with so no chance of selling them,

My husband and oldest daughter may go but it was supposed to be for the little ones birthday, so wont be the same :(

are you sure that they do not charge you when you collect the tickets? so if you don't collect you haven't paid? (hope not building false hope here)

are you sure that they do not charge you when you collect the tickets? so if you don't collect you haven't paid? (hope not building false hope here)

I believe i paid for them, the person on the phone would have said otherwise i would think!

I believe i paid for them, the person on the phone would have said otherwise i would think!

You do know that when you buy things over the internet they don't usually charge you until they dispatch the items, so it may be true that the cinema doesn't charge you until you collect the tickets. It's a long shot though.

I would think theyd charge you straight away.

Even if you dont collect the tickets, youve still prevented the seats being sold to someone else.

I would think theyd charge you straight away.

Even if you dont collect the tickets, youve still prevented the seats being sold to someone else.

But not it i called beforhand to cancell them?? which i did, they were willing to rearrange but only up until thursday!!

But not it i called beforhand to cancell them?? which i did, they were willing to rearrange but only up until thursday!!

I think this is just the way it goes, Same with a lot of things. I booked me and my partner a spa break and was not very well a week before so rang to cancel. I was told I had to give 2 weeks notice so would be charged if I didn't turn up :( had to go with another friend instead.

On the other hand I think Vue are rubbish. A few of us went a few week ago to see a film. When we got to the allocated seats given us, someone was sat in them. We asked them to move but they wouldn't saying someone had sat in their seats, cos someone had sat in their seats and so on. My friend had booked the tickets earlier that morning, so we went and got a member of staff to ask what was going on. They then told us that there were no extra seats so they must have double booked and offered us a refund. I then complained to the manager who said he couldn't compensate us in any way even though it was their fault. After a while complaining we were given free tickets for the 4 of us.