Space Shuttle and ISS over Sheffield

^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

Not really much point mate, it's two light trails on a dark background, maybe with a few brighter stars thrown in.

Really chuffed to have seen that. Always make a point to look out for the ISS, but that's the first time I'm seen the ISS and shuttle together undocked.

For those interested, the shuttle was the blob of light at the front. As soon as it points it's nose down it will be in a lower orbit, hence it moves in front.

Edit: The Wednesday times given by Paddy above is also a big clue. :)

Edited by quisquose

The 2 lights you saw are the right thing. One was the ISS and the other was the space shuttle which must now be undocked ready for a return trip home. Last night there was only 1 point of light but tonight there was 2 and they remained the same distance apart. There is one last chance to see them on Wednesday at 6:36pm for the Space Shuttle and 6:41pm for the ISS.

Just to say a big thanks to Paddy for explaining in terms I could understand so that we were able to see both the ISS and the space shuttle last night.

We looked to the point which Paddy had given and, we couldn't believe it when they appeared just below a very low moon.

Thanks Paddy.

Saw it again last nite,2 lights this time,lower in the sky than the others wed seen,and in a different position.

Now theyve seperated,im supposing this will be the last one?Might wipe the dust off the telescope for wednesday,see if we can see them a little better!

Are you sure they wernt chinese lanterns??????

Are you sure they wernt chinese lanterns??????

What, that disappear in the earth's shadow?:rolleyes:

What, that disappear in the earth's shadow?:rolleyes:

im just checking mate. :hihi:

Damn, last night would have been fantastic but I missed it. I had my nose stuck in Mike Collins' book about his astronaut experiences* which is, I think, an appropriate enough excuse to lose track of the time. :)

Here's what happened a few hours beforehand. This time there really is no Au Revoir. Goodbye Discovery. :wave:

*He was the third man many people forget the name of, who stayed on board during the Apollo 11 moon landing. A wise and funny man and a damn good book.

This is a pic of what you should see wednesday night if the sky is clear. It will be the last chance to see both the Shuttle and ISS in orbit together.

Scroll down to picture gallery and it's the 4th image along.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Discovery-Space-Shuttle-Captain-Kirk-Actor-William-Shatner-Records-Wake-Up-Call-For-Shuttles-Crew/Article/201103115947440?lid=ARTICLE_15947440_DiscoverySpaceShuttle:CaptainKirkActorWilliamShatnerRecordsWake-UpCallForShuttlesCrew&lpos=searchresults

Edited by Jakester

me and the wife plus grandson watched them both last night flying over maltby clear as a bell glad we seen them together as its the last time sad day

Just to say a big thanks to Paddy for explaining in terms I could understand so that we were able to see both the ISS and the space shuttle last night.

We looked to the point which Paddy had given and, we couldn't believe it when they appeared just below a very low moon.

Thanks Paddy.

You're welcome.