Who remembers Sheffield band the Various Vegetables?

Who remembers this Sheffield band from the early 90s?

Anyone know where the band members are now - if they went on to be in other bands or anything?

Oh yes i remember them, my mates appalling band once supported a gig they did at Sheff Uni ( not in the Octogan though).

I can't remember anything except the T-Shirts they had.

Justin Wood works with me.

He has fans, oh dear.

Jody Wildgoose, who was the bassist in VV, is releasing his second solo album on Sketchbook records, probably it January. His stuff is all done on 4 and 8 track machines and is absolutely mint.

I saw Various Vegetables about 10 times between 1991-1993, including seeing them at the marquee in london.I know Jody Wildgoose has done solo stuff not sure about the rest of them.

i can remember going to see various vegetables at nelson mandela building in oct 92? as part of sheffield's sound city

Some are amusing themselves playing funk in a private club down Shalesmoor, the guitarist is making commercial ringtones. The drummer does stuff with Jody Wildgoose and has a new band going.

I remember that when they did the single on Gift 'Im OK' that it was a let down...very poorly recorded compared to them live.

the veg singer is a civil servant with wife and two kids, back in sheffield after spells in leed and london. rock and roll occasionally at weekends - sad but i'm happy!

as previously noted, jody is about to release his second album and it is absolute bloody genius - i was so happy for him i shed a tear when i heard it...

I thought the I'm OK single was ace! I loved all the tracks on that.

Those early 90s bring back happy musical memories.

supported the veggies in 92/93 ish, at the leadmill

:thumbsup:

:clap: