Remember Pippy's, Cambridge Street?

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Here is a pic Of me in about 1988 With one of my Pippy's t-shirts on and a pippy's badge from the back of a jacket stuck on the bottom of my guitar { silver rectangle }

Love the hair!:headbang:

Used to regularly wander in and out buying random items of jewellery, T shirts, belts and stuff. It smelt great in there, but was a bit creepy at the back of the shop!

Me and me mate got our first leather jackets from Pippy's. We were still in school at the time and it was one of the shops we would always go in and have a wander around on a Saturday. It was still open a few years after we left school, so must have been around 94/95 that it shut down.

I loved Pippy's. I bought a puzzle ring from there and remember having to go back and this man with long, long hair putting it back together for me. I was really young... I remember my mum going with me!! :lol Pippy's was a formative part of my teen years! I so wanted an afghan coat and my mum wouldn't let me!!! LOL

Forgot about the belts ... they used to have a very large selection of decorative belt buckles with things like "Southern Comfort" or "Levi Strauss" on ... what was that all about? I had a puzzle ring too, a girl at school taught me how to do them.

I always went in pippys for my patchouli oil in the mid to late 70`s

MuddyCoffee, you're correct about the shop "Roz".

Roz was the blond girl with the most amazingly perky breasts who worked in Pippys. A lovely girl and a good mate of one of my ex-gf's.

I last spoke to her in her shop, probably 10 years ago, and haven't had cause to go to that end of Sheff since, so it's good to hear it's still there.

Originally posted by GrumpyGit

MuddyCoffee, you're correct about the shop "Roz".

Roz was the blond girl with the most amazingly perky breasts who worked in Pippys. A lovely girl and a good mate of one of my ex-gf's.

I last spoke to her in her shop, probably 10 years ago, and haven't had cause to go to that end of Sheff since, so it's good to hear it's still there.

Yes it's a brightly painted place and she appears to run it with a nice lady who I take to be her mum. It seems to do well, It's 100 yards from my house..

Most of the stuff in there tends to be girly or childrens clothes but I sometimes go in to buy coathangers or the occasional thermal Winter hat.

:clap: YAY! Pippy's holds so many memories for me, chiefly of which is , like many other folk, it was the place of purchase for my one and only leather bike jacket. Me and my brother got them as christmas presents around 1986 and that was that, mine finally gave up the ghost ten years later having been around the british Isles and europe, just getting softer and more comefy by the day....

Saturdays meant a trip to town before the match, call in pippys for joss sticks or badges, and then after tea a mad dash down to the Wap... always remember a guy on a stag do being soundly thrashed by a truly IMMENSE strippogram woman with a whip and a plastic club..... priceless! The guy was about 5 foot six and 8 stone wet through!

Wow yes I remember Pippys well. Bought my smelly afghan from there £50 in 1982. Ive still got it ha ha! Cant bring myself to get rid at all.

The shop had a beautiful stink of incense. A better place was "Bringing it all back home" on Glossop Road. Really cool shop!!!

Caz

I used to work there for about a year, it was OK to work there apart from the owners pervy comments, believe it or not that small tiny shop had eight security cameras installed. I had my suspicions that it wasn't just the shoplifters he was looking at!!!!

Hi

I used to work at Pippys for about three years in the late 80's it must have been. Your right, he was called Pip, had lots of friends in high places he did. He was (as littleboo rightly states) a perv who used to try and put his hand up our skirts especially when we went in the tiny stockroom upstairs which was reached by four steps!:gag:

Roz is indeed working at 'Roz's' on Abbey Lane at Woodseats, I still bump into her now and then.. Her shop is doing well and stocks some trendy clothes at reasonable prices for the young girls.

Pippy's reminds me of :

Having to unwrap reams of jackets and squeeze them on the rails having put handwritten tags on everything

Hating rock music then learning to love it (Aerosmith especially as that was Roz's favourite and she used to play it all the time)

Some great nights out

Being young!!!!!