Befriending Services

Apologies - Age UK do a befriending service, seems by telephone not sure of face to face contact but try http://www.sccc.co.uk as this is the pilot bfriending service in the local areas.

i have been at a place called spaces, which is to do with health and social care, they have been trying to get me something along the employment lines with a place called bridge employment

plus i have a DEA officer as well who is also supposed to help but not always

i have not been to the doctors for months and have not taking pills either

i am also expecting a phone call soon regarding some work where i live so just got to hang fire i guess

Agree - so any positive suggestions as to what he can do?

I think Jasons needs more help with ideas, from our fellow members. Members like himself.

Join the army, navy, raf or merchant navy and get lots of company and friends.

This has been going on for a while jason, even when you were on our college course. The only person that can help you is you...

Jason. It sounds like you need professional help. See your GP and ask to be referred to a Counsellor. The answer to your problems is not on here. Good luck.

Jason. It sounds like you need professional help. See your GP and ask to be referred to a Counsellor. The answer to your problems is not on here. Good luck.

succinct and true.

What type of work are you looking for with Bridge. I have had volunteers from them before, and I know they are good.

Please go back to the doctors, you should be taking your medication. Depression is a hard thing, the tablets help you to regain certain aspects of your life. I would also recommend some counselling too. The counselling is always hard, but will help in the long run.

You are not giving yourself a chance by avoiding the doctors and any advice they give.

Choose one thing and try to remian focused. Find the strength to make the call and visit your doctors. Focus on this, you are still young.

Also remember friendships are not form after a few meetings. My true friends you can count on one hand, and at least two of those go back 20 yrs plus.

Edited by eighteenofou
typo

jason let me know about another day out.. let's have some fun and forget about everything:)

I think at the end of the day, we all want the best for Jason.

well, to say i was the only lad on that course in a room full of women who i never had anything in common with, says it all about my life

always the wrong place at the wrong time, i have had counselling but it is no good

you are right, the only person who can fix things is me, yes i may use the forum in a tiny way to draw attention to certain things on my mind, i live alone and am socially isolated so there is a good reason for it, after all i could always talk to myself all day long and really go nuts

i understand that i am the odd piece in society, and am just existing instead of really living (braveheart pun there)...

Edited by Speed Demon

jason let me know about another day out.. let's have some fun and forget about everything:)

Try going to Bakewell this time. The bus goes there. Nice place for some fun.