Asda Handsworth loses one of its main assets (Roger the Greeter)

Thank god! hated hearing his cheese grater voice banging on.

How about having a bronze statue of Roger in the door way , it could be a bit like them statues at Meadowhall and feature roger pricing up the out of date goods .. lol

From my experience Asda need to look at various aspects of their business. Ordered my shopping on line. Half of it didn't arrive and when I rang them they said they would give me a refund of the delivery charge so I could go in store and buy the stuff they hadn't delivered!!!!! Errr, I think that was defeating the object in the first place. They were also at least 1 hr outside their timeslot at deliverying the goods. Not good at all.

Roger the door greeter will be leaving Asda within the next three weeks due to being made redundant. Overheard the staff saying he was leaving so i asked him if it was true and he told me yes. The Asda wont be the same without him, his quirky humour will be sorely missed.

That's really sad :( he looked after my trolley last week while i nipped to the loo.

Bye Rog :wave:

I worked with roger for over 15 years he was a very caring gent who always saw the best in every one

he will be missed by alot of customers and staff

I work with Roger and have told him all about this thread, as he's "not into computers" (his words not mine) he asked if i would post this on his behalf,

He is extremely flattered and surprised at the level of concern amongst everyone and would like to thank you all for your kind words and support, however, he is happy with the redundancy package he has been offered by Asda, and will indeed continue working in store on the cleaning side of things.

Just to reiterate........ as Roger often says.....

he thanks you all, but is happy to take his redundancy !!!

Has rodger left asda yet

Roger's role as greeter has ceased this week I think, but he's carrying on doing the cleaning, so he hasn't left.