Tattooist on Wilkinson Street in the 1960s

Does anyone else remember the tattooists studio in the corner house of Wilkinson Street in the 1960s ?

Does anyone else remember the tattooists studio in the corner house of Wilkinson Street in the 1960s ?

had one done there, charlie was his name he was ****** as a fart when he put mine on :roll:

Charlie Johnson - did mine too but got it right - I must have caught him in a good condition.

i harvey 19 ad all my done on wilkinson st when we were teens me and my mates it seem s a life time ago now i ham 71 years old go passed some time on my way 2 the hallamshire hospital

I had a small tattoo done there in 1958 by old Charlie Johnson [ big family ]. It cost 9 old pence ! A penny for each letter ' Mom and Dad '. [ Spelling was correct too---no extra charge ! ].

can anyone remember tattooist bob union, he tattood in his front room at his house on ruth square at broomhall. he tattood me and my mates many times in the early 80s. he had a son called mark union.

can anyone remember tattooist bob union, he tattood in his front room at his house on ruth square at broomhall. he tattood me and my mates many times in the early 80s. he had a son called mark union.

I remember old Bob,he did the outline,his mrs,Ann,coloured them in,I had 2 done there in 83hhis son,Mark, died in the early 90,s,drugs I believe.

Last I heard of Bob,he was in Macclesfield,finished tattooing,but supplying colour.

I had my first tattoo done at charlies in 1972 cost £1-25p a chinese pirate with a sword through its head, looks a right b******s now:hihi:

I had my first tattoo done at charlies in 1972 cost £1-25p a chinese pirate with a sword through its head, looks a right b******s now:hihi:

hiya i remember the johnsons their children went to the same school as me ,they were a bit younger than me ,and they had small tattoos on their arms they were the only ones to have them at that time.

hi my uncle is bob union and he also had a son named mark wo passed away a few years ago now he now owns tattooist shops called the union jack not sure if its the same one your looking for:roll:

me and mates were regulars there on a sat i got 3 on my arms all good

had em 50 years and never regretted em.cant remember charlie ever being drunk

little devil 7/6

2 roses 12/6

heart and dagger 9/6