Battlefield 3 trailer analysis

Yeah.

I doubt we're going to ever see anything better (FPS'wise) on consoles than what the Frostbite 2 engine can do. I think the episode 1 trailer of BF3 shows this off best.

Apparently BF3 is going to look almost as good on consoles as PC which is why I can't wait to see some multiplayer gameplay on consoles which, unfortunately, may not be until around time of E3.

It will also be interesting to see what other games will be built using Frostbite 2. MoH2 is already confirmed I believe.

I thought it was quite amusing, very well thought out.

I agree, it is a well made piece of footage.

As far as I'm concerned any game preview that shows no in game footage is not a preview at all. I love the Dead Island trailer, but as a game preview it serves no perpous whatsoever.

If, for example, I knew nothing about the game, a rendered/live trailer ovvers no insight as to whether the game is top down scroller, MMORPG, turn based strat...

The makers are concentrating on style rather than content.

Yeah.

I doubt we're going to ever see anything better (FPS'wise) on consoles than what the Frostbite 2 engine can do. I think the episode 1 trailer of BF3 shows this off best.

Apparently BF3 is going to look almost as good on consoles as PC which is why I can't wait to see some multiplayer gameplay on consoles which, unfortunately, may not be until around time of E3.

It will also be interesting to see what other games will be built using Frostbite 2. MoH2 is already confirmed I believe.

Now i've built a new PC I think I will be getting BF3 for it, and keeping the XBOX for COD, I seem to think that games like BF will be better on the PC?

Now i've built a new PC I think I will be getting BF3 for it, and keeping the XBOX for COD, I seem to think that games like BF will be better on the PC?

No doubt. The maps are going to be scaled down to suit the lower player count on consoles, I heard to around size of BC2 maps which isn't too bad.

I'd invest in a gaming PC but would mean being stuck in a bedroom which wouldn't go down too well with the wife.

I agree, it is a well made piece of footage.

As far as I'm concerned any game preview that shows no in game footage is not a preview at all. I love the Dead Island trailer, but as a game preview it serves no perpous whatsoever.

If, for example, I knew nothing about the game, a rendered/live trailer ovvers no insight as to whether the game is top down scroller, MMORPG, turn based strat...

The makers are concentrating on style rather than content.

I agree entirely.

Perfect example of this is the Brink trailer which is very cool but the

looks quite dull.

If you think thats good check out the new COD trailer:

Meh, looks like some fan film, albeit a good fan film, but not quite good enough for a multi million pound game. Thought the F3AR Live action trailers were much better.

But tbh I've had it with COD as long IW and Treyarch keep churning out the same utter drivvel as they have been doing. Not been impressed by a COD since number 2. Now that was a good game. In fact that's something I've always wondered, how many of these 360/COD fanboys even know that there were games before MW?

Thought the F3AR Live action trailers were much better.
Halo's "aborted movie"
has yet to be bettered to this day, IMHO. 4:52 FTW :D

Effects a bit amateurish by today's standards, but then it was only a feasability/project mock-up by the would-be Director at the time.

Someday, someday...

Edited by L00b

Halo's "aborted movie"
has yet to be bettered to this day, IMHO. 4:52 FTW :D

Effects a bit amateurish by today's standards, but then it was only a feasability/project mock-up by the would-be Director at the time.

Someday, someday...

There are some excellent trailers new and old but keeping on topic, those BF3 trailers are of ACTUAL gameplay. Hard to believe at first glance but true.

Roll on 'Fall 2011' (not wanting to rush the summer along or anything!)

Something interesting I just noticed on the BF forums ....

Click 'LIKE' on the official FB link to unlock the upcoming 12 minute official trailer early (originally due out this Sunday).

Go on, help the cause. 507k+ already done it.

A

has just been released today.

More of what we've already seen but all condensed into one.

Don't forget a full 12-minute trailer with commentary will be up this Sunday (17th).

i fear that battlefield is turning into the new cod.