Choosing a name for a Baby Boy

Just had the shock of my life whilst undergoing a 20 wk scan. Have been convinced I was having a girl. Couldn't have been more wrong. Only chose girls names before, like an idiot. Now struggling deciding on boys names. I have found one that I really like but the other half is not quite as convinced. Trouble is, I find most boys names rather uninteresting and would like something a little more uncommon (NOT WEIRD like Winthrop or something!) Any suggestions?

I have 3 boys Kieran David, Nathan Louis and Ryan George!

I personally found boys names easier than girls because there were less I liked!

I had quite a chuckle going through all the names and their meanings...

I always liked Cameron but was put off when I realised it means 'crooked nose'.... :hihi:

Good luck with the pregnancy and I am sure you'll know the right name, you've still got plenty of time.

;)

Funny that...I noticed the 'crooked nose' thing just last night.

I quite like the name Luke.

what about William or Shaun?

I've always toyed with the idea that if I ever get a son (unlikely I know but stranger things have happened) I'd consider Bruce as a name, which sort of comes from my being a fan of the late Bruce Lee even though he was before my time.

Bruce or William shortened to Billy I've always liked, or David after my Brother.

For girls, I'd choose Diana or Diane after my Mum probably, possibly even Alice after both my Mum's mother who's still alive, or my Dad's mother who died in 1992.

We were convincied our kid was a girl, descided not to ask at scans.

So, of course, it was a boy.

We had loads of girls names, best of which Maeve, means 'intoxicating one';)

We only had one boy name, so he is Hal ! Due to his Dads state of mind at the time.

Points to who knows why :D

In a very long time when I get all maternal (yeah yeah) my ickle boy will be Ben Robert... For sure!

Not sure what I'd call a little girl though... Used to like Melissa, but object to this "Mel" thing going on... lol!

I like Oliver, Daniel and Charlie as boys names :)

Hopefully it'll be a while before I have to put them to use though!

Felix, (our son), Oscar, Mylo.

All well groovy and stand the test of time. His two other names are family oriented; we liked a combination of new 'energy' and tradition.

My boy is called Isaac (Joel Alexander)which means 'Joyful'.

If he wasn't named Isaac, he would've been called Oscar.

Other nice boys names are Alfie, Lewis, and Tobias/Toby.

Steer clear of the Jordans, Callums and Connors . Every class has several of each!!!

For a girl I love Esme.

Good luck with the pregnancy!

Oops forgot to ask - would you be interested a belly cast when you are around 8 moons? God fun and a touching souvenir of a very special time. Or add it to a blessingway and go the whole hog! Every woman should have a blessingway, the most moving ceremony I have EVER been to!

And congratulations, of course, c'est une bonne nouvelle!

Lizzmobile xxx