Does Science Make God Impossible? - Tomorow @ 6pm!

The audio is of the full lecture. I havent got time to write up the whole lecture, ill post the audio. :)

Guest sibon
The audio is of the full lecture. I havent got time to write up the whole lecture, ill post the audio. :)

You said he had evidence. Give us a quick summary and maybe point us in the right direction to check it out properly.

Excellent. I will be having a look.:)

You said he had evidence. Give us a quick summary and maybe point us in the right direction to check it out properly.

Please will you forward the evidence on to me when you're done with it. It seems I've been wrong all along. oh well, you live and learn.

Many thanks

Guest sibon
Please will you forward the evidence on to me when you're done with it. It seems I've been wrong all along. oh well, you live and learn.

Many thanks

It appears that there is no evidence.

Just a lecture.

Shame really.

Yes he showed how atheism is completely based on FAITH as well, in things which science also can not prove. He really did a great job! And yes he did address the subject of the talk

So does this learned thinker think that when there are two outcomes, neither of which can be proved, that they are both equally likely?

That is clearly wrong.

For example, I cannot prove that the world world will exist next week, but I take it on faith that it will as all the evidence suggests that.

All the evidence I can see that is valid suggests that there probably isn't a God. What evidence did your man have that I may have missed - because he seems to think that - more than two unprovable options automatically having the same probability - that the one with the least amount of supporting evidence is the true one, which is a quite remarkable conclusion to come to.

Yes he showed how atheism is completely based on FAITH as well, in things which science also can not prove. He really did a great job! And yes he did address the subject of the talk

What did he have to say about agnosticism?

Any news on the audio, USIC?

I'm running out of biscuits now.

It's ok USIC - I've bought more biscuits, a cheese sandwich and a pot of tea.

Please post the audio soon though - otherwise it'll look like you were just using Sheffield Forum to advertise your event, and that you aren't confident enough in the message that was given out to have it questioned, which I'm sure isn't the impression you want to give.

It's been nearly a week now USIC.

You do have the audio, don't you?