Does Science Make God Impossible? - Tomorow @ 6pm!

Hello Everyone!

This is the last event in the series, DO NOT MISS IT!!

Does Science Make God Impossible? - By Adam Deen Tomorow

6pm @ Medical School (next to Hallamshire hospital) Thursday 24th Feb!

Are you atheist, christian, muslim or of any other ideology? Regardless of what you believe, come along tomorow and find out if Science really is incompatible with the concept of God.

Challenge your thoughts and the speaker.

See you there,

USIC

I think you need to look up the definition of ideology.

The answer is no btw, so I don't think I'll be attending a lecture to something with such a daft title. Next week, "Does science make faeries impossible?"

@ Quisquose

Ok, you get what I mean, thanks for being helpful though.

I think you'll fnd the reason you're not attending is not that the title is silly, BUT more to do with the fact that you are scared to challenge your own thoughts and beliefs. If you've got so much to say, come and put your questions to the speaker tomorow!

To clarify - the talk will cover whether different scientific theories can suffice as an explanation to human existence without the need for a creator. And if belief in a God contradicts any scientific theories and weigh up conflicting evidences.

with an opportunity for Q&A / Debate at the end!

Edited by USIC

Even if you cant make it for the start of the event its worth coming along

@ Quisquose

I think you'll fnd the reason you're not attending is not that the title is silly, BUT more to do with the fact that you are scared to challenge your own thoughts and beliefs. If you've got so much to say, come and put your questions to the speaker tomorow!

Ah, so you know the poster better than (s)he knows themselves? Shame you're not doing the talk.

I'm in no way afraid to challenge my beliefs. Sadly I finish work at 6, get home at 6:45 and haven't put my child to bed until 8 - I couldn't be back in Sheffield until 8:30 at the earliest.

Any chance you could post a summary of the talk here, or even get the speaker to debate it here?

No, thought not. Wouldn't want any of it recorded for posterity no doubt. :-)

anyone with an understanding of the history of science will know that it is too early to tell.

Ah, so you know the poster better than (s)he knows themselves? Shame you're not doing the talk.

I'm in no way afraid to challenge my beliefs. Sadly I finish work at 6, get home at 6:45 and haven't put my child to bed until 8 - I couldn't be back in Sheffield until 8:30 at the earliest.

Any chance you could post a summary of the talk here, or even get the speaker to debate it here?

No, thought not. Wouldn't want any of it recorded for posterity no doubt. :-)

Im sure you are some sort of world class philosopher when you're sat at home on your computer, who isnt. You can even answer your own questions! Wow

Unless you make the time, you will never find it.

If you cant come and speak face to face then we'll leave it at that, dont attempt to be an 'internet' philosopher like every tom, dick and harry. I could voice record and post the talk on here but if you have any follow up questions, I wont be in a position to answer them as well as the speaker. You can watch his talks / contact him at http://www.adamdeen.com

anyone with an understanding of the history of science will know that it is too early to tell.

You're in Broomhall, its on your doorstep! Come and tell the speaker that! :)

Scienctific understanding has a long way to go because we do not know everything. Science does not make anything impossible, reality does!

People are missing the point! Im not here to debate, if you've got something to say, say it tomorow!!!! :)

Guest sibon
People are missing the point! Im not here to debate, if you've got something to say, say it tomorow!!!! :)

Maybe people aren't interested in attending a lecture with such a clearly biased title.

For the record, Science doesn't make anything impossible. It adapts along with the available evidence.

Religion, on the other hand is 90% bigotry and 10% common sense. It certainly takes no account of evidence or anything so inconvenient.

I suspect that you might end up talking to yourself tomorrow night as most people will consider your talk to be irrelevant to their lives.

Edited by sibon