Abbey Grange Nursing Home

Here's a blog we recently published on choosing a care home. Hope you find this helpful...

http://www.clarkandpartners.co.uk/blog/2012/09/tip-no-2-choosing-a-care-home/

I hope those 7 on the front page weren't models and they are actually your sales people?

Edited by jamiemcgrath

I know this is an old thread but wondered if anybody as any recent experiences.

My Mum was a resident there (from May until November last year when she passed away)

The facilities are great and the staff are brilliant and caring. My Mums last wishes where to be cared for in the home and not go to hospital for her last weeks, they offered top notch support for both my mum and relatives.

I really cant praise them enough!

I posted on this thread a while back, MIL sadly passed away last year and remained in Abbey Grange between my last post and last year.

They still have seperate parts of the home for different needs ie dementia/nursing, but they do try and encourage interaction where possible.

The manager has been the same one for a while.

The staff are very caring and we found them to be a good team, some of them go above and beyond what is expected of them.

I would still advise anyone when visiting ANY care home to just go, never make an appointment.

Read CQC reports, the CQC are now inspecting with new guidelines.

Speedy69 - thank you, going to pop across this morning

My dad is in there and he loves it. He always looks smart and clean and he cant say enough good things about the staff there, they are lovely.

Thank you for the link, it looks quite nice to be honest.

Beamer x

Looks can be deceptive. It's the staff that counts.

Some of the best looking homes are all surface gloss. Money is spent where it can make an impact on potential customers, for maximum profits, when it should be being spent on the care of clients and a suitable number of the right sort of staff.

I'm not saying this home is like that, I don't know it at all. I'm just saying it's something to be aware of. Ask about staffing ratios, and talk to some of the people who work there, other clients and their relatives.