Rolling Mill request from a Yank

Sweatshopboy,

Thank you..I'll see if I can get a friend to stop by and speak with them.

Antlaw,

Sounds like someone I should know...I look forward to hearing from him if he wishes to correspond with me.

http://www.doorcountyforgeworks.com

email is in the above website

Ric

Ric

Ric,

Spoke to my brother re your initial requests. He was a Roll Turner for over 40 yrs,sounds like he could answer some of your issues. He's not a member on this forum,but will see if he could E-mail you direct.

Antlaw,

Is your brother interested in speaking with me about this roller issue?

Ric

Hi Texas

I've just noticed your comment.

Sorry I am not so technical as to answer the questions by Ric Furrer although I have often swapped a bit of flat for a bit of round during my life.

I'll not say more than that.

PopT

I worked at Davy-United, we made rolling mills, tha nose. Try their history, Yank. Best Wishes Ric.

Hello all I worked at spencer Clark for 4 years and loved it there as they’re a great bunch of lads, we also had a 13” mill that we did blades for combine harvesters on but we got took over by firth rixons in 2001 (roughly)  and the 14” mill moved to Johnson lane at firth rixons in chapel town Sheffield and still in use I believe. I worked at firth rixons for 12 months but got made redundant along with 95 others. On the video I’m the plate lad with black jeans on dragging the steel away to leave to cool then band with steel wire and write dimensions in bar with waxy like chalk. I was there 12 weeks through an agency on like a trial and that’s why I’m wearing my own clothes