Sign in to follow this  

Peter Kay or Lee Evans- Just who do people think is the better?

Who is the best: Peter Kay or Lee Evans  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best: Peter Kay or Lee Evans

• Peter Kay
    • Lee Evans
    • Just show me the damn results!!

:thumbsup: peter kay he really is funny in everything he does

lee evens is funny but i do find peter funnier

I do not like Kay as a 'stand up' comedian, and find his 'weren't we all daft back in the 80s ?' material rather limited and tedious. The ultra-working class cultural references are hard to relate to outside of remote enclaves of Bolton. However, his 'Phoenix Nights' is genuinely funny, especially the bestiality-obsessed Fire Safety Officer, Keith Lard.

Re Evans; I find the man achingly-unfunny and his act is a shameless exercise in theft- in his case, the theft of Norman Wisdom's act. Wisdom himself was about as funny as typhoid. Evans is even grimmer, and surely the comedian for thumb-sucking retards everywhere? Personally, the humour in the spectacle of a third-rate Wisdom impersonator, sweating, squirming and contorting himself eludes me. How the man gets any bookings at all frankly baffles me. Norman Wisdom should sue him.

Lee Evans hands down, went to see him a couple of years ago and I've never laughed so much.

As much as I like Peter Kay, its all getting a bit boring now. Theres only so many times you can listen to people saying "garlic bread?" when the waiter comes round in a restaurant before it just starts to grate. His TV shows are much better. And he seems to be cashing in at the minute. The live at Manchester arena DVD hes got out for christmas is the same show as the Blackpool one released years ago, but in a different venue, yet it fails to mention that on the adverts or on the DVD case, so if youve already got the Blackpool DVD, youre shelling out for the same thing again.

Lee Evans is OK, but his standup act hasnt changed in 10 years. Some of the films hes done are ok though, especially the one about the paranoid bloke who records every minute of his life in case its needed as evidence (think it was called Freeze Frame, cant remember).

I've never understood what was so funny about Lee Evans, I just find him bizarre. But then I've never been into manic, physical humour.

Peter Kay is the better of the two, but I agree that his material is limited to "look at the daft things we used to do". Very funny, but he'll run out of material very quickly.

I think peter kay has it by a short neck, he's the sharper with his references and his observations, but as has been said his material mine is almost 'uneconomical' .

:clap:

Without doubt Peter Kay. Lee Evans is about as funny as impacted heamoroids. He is just about good enough to be The Krankies warm up act on Cleethorpes peer.

Originally posted by alchresearch

Lee Evans is still doing the same tired old Norman Wisdom routine.

But then again Peter Kay isn't as funny as he used to be. "Road To Nowhere" was mildly amusing, but not a patch on Phoenix Nights or his earlier works.

totally agree but Peter Kay wins it by a mile

peter kay is hillarious how can you not find him funny

I think Peter Kay's TV work beats Lee Evans's poor attempts hands down, but when it comes to stand up all Peter Kay really does is list a load of things from the 70's, so as far as stand up goes - Lee Evans by a country mile.

Liked Lee Evans in a couple of movies , But can't find anything funny at all in his stand up routine.

Got to be Peter kay for me.