Anyone used Homebase/Wickes for kitchens

im moving house soon and will be needing a new kitchen. ive got a few places that im going to look at but im just wanting to know if anyone has used either Homebase or Wickes to supply or supply and fit their kitchen?

what were they like and how did they come out cost wise?

many thanks

Wickes are good value when they have a promotion on. They are also receptive to little "deals" if you are a bit forward. The quality is good as well.

im moving house soon and will be needing a new kitchen. ive got a few places that im going to look at but im just wanting to know if anyone has used either Homebase or Wickes to supply or supply and fit their kitchen?

what were they like and how did they come out cost wise?

many thanks

I had a new kitchen just before Christmas. I tried about a dozen places and found B&Q were by far themost expensive even with discount.

I eventually went to Sheffield Kitchen outlet just off Carlisle Street. They did a really nice job including a lot of bespoke units to fit impossible alcoves. It worked out £5K less than B&Q despite having a new floor, ceilings and lights included (which B&Q didn't include) .

Stay well clear of HOMEBASE.

I ordered a dining suite from them,i received 5 damaged tables,two weeks later before i got one that was fit for use.

Stay well clear of HOMEBASE.

I ordered a dining suite from them,i received 5 damaged tables,two weeks later before i got one that was fit for use.

thanks but im looking at kitchens :huh:

thanks but im looking at kitchens :huh:

You get the same service kitchens or any other furniture,they all come from Homebase :roll:

Hey......I have extensive knowledge of the construction industry and even though this is a domestic project I can highly recommend Howdens (Check web for yr local outlet) I have used their projects on many commercial and domestic jobs and always found the service to be A1 and the quality and durability of their materials spot on too. They will come out and do a survey for you and give you all the options available and deliver to yr home......(Make sure ya get a good joiner !!!!)

http://www.howdens.com/product-range/kitchen-collection/

There is a branch just off Bramall Lane and also one on barbot hall ind est.....

Good luck, whatever yr choice m8 :):D

We got our kitchen from Wickes a few years back. They where very good with us. Talked us through the differences between the kitchens we where looking at and did us some plans on their computer although when we first went in we where only enquiring they did not push us into buying there and then. Eventually we did go with them and the kitchen arrived on the date we where given with no messing around. I would def use them again when I need a new kitchen.

As well as the dearer ones that are on display in the shop, Wickes also do a good value off-the-shelf range which you just pick up in flatpacks. Quality is fine. B&Q also do this. I'd say the Wickes ones are better value, though with less choice of units.

We used Wickes a few years ago... they came and planned our kitchen and we were pleased with it. We didn't have them to fit it though cause we already knew a good kitchen fitter

Edited by jenthehen
misspelling

Hey......I have extensive knowledge of the construction industry and even though this is a domestic project I can highly recommend Howdens (Check web for yr local outlet) I have used their projects on many commercial and domestic jobs and always found the service to be A1 and the quality and durability of their materials spot on too. They will come out and do a survey for you and give you all the options available and deliver to yr home......(Make sure ya get a good joiner !!!!)

:D

We got ours from Howdens and used a local joiner. They are supplied as carcasses and not flat pack. Worked out well as the joiner got trade discount from Howdens. Carcases meant it didn't take as long to install.

I ordered a kitchen from home base no probes at all